All's well that ends well

kirc

Reaction score
As an update on my previous experiences of trying to shop for a banjo uke I thought I'd update you all on my recent success. In the end I ordered one mail order from Andy Banjo.

It came yesterday and has been great, no damage, no extra glue globs over it etc. Overall very happy with it. It has an updated tailpiece and different bridge (one with 2 feet rather than 3) from the default supplied by Goldtone and has been nicely setup for Formby (low action) and plays really well.

The only small issue I had was that the vega armrest was missing, but when I rang the seller he explained he takes them off and discards them as he feels they are unsuitable for the banjo, but he was happy to send it on to me. I asked to have it sent on and it arrived this morning (i.e. the next day - which isn't bad) and I fitted immediately in the 'under arm' position (rather than at the top of the banjo as I think most USA peeps fit them). I fitted mine in this position as when playing Formby style the uke is craddled under arm so to speak. I found it worked fine for me this way and I'm very happy with the uke and with Andy Banjo.

So there we are all's well that ends well.

Glad to hear everything worked out for you. Enjoy!

That is good news am sure you will enjoy you new addition.
congrats

Top Bottom