What's going on with Ohana?

katysax

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
A while ago Mim came back from Summer NAMM with a bunch of posts about new product. She had several pictures of new Ohana models, including some pretty cool looking reproductions.

Since then the new Islanders and Kamoas have been released but no new Ohanas. Anyone know when the new Ohanas will be available?

I played one of the new sinker redwood topped concerts with a rosewood body this past weekend at the Tampa Bay Ukulele getaway. turned out the cedar top sounds way better to me with that particular body.

Dude, don't you watch the news, Ohana won!

I have the Ohana CK-40R (redwood top, rosewood back and sides) featured in the coming issue of Ukulele Player Magazine (still working on the issue - close to release). The uke was reviewed on YouTube as a precursor to the article in the magazine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UUONaWnrx1zuTF9U3LEu1iGQ&feature=player_detailpage&v=ibV4zlSZGps

I posted the video before I went to Florida and hoped to get some video on the beach and at the resort (Crane's Beach House - Delray Beach). Unfortunately, the hurricane (Sandy) hit the day after we arrived and the videos we planned were not possible.

I wouldn't worry, factory delays are fairly common and always unexpected.

This. It happens to everyone. That is why I quit taking pre-orders. Not fair to keep you waiting when sometimes things can be delayed by a month, to 2, to 6, to a year! Haha! So yeah, it just happens! If there is a specific model you are waiting for, it is possible to get a "it will probably be here around 'this' date"... but plan on it possibly being a month - 3 monthsish off. And this is not just Ohana... this is everyone.

I played one of the new sinker redwood topped concerts with a rosewood body this past weekend at the Tampa Bay Ukulele getaway. turned out the cedar top sounds way better to me with that particular body.

Yep! Those are available and they are AWESOME for sure!!! I like the Orford Cedar and Myrtle too... pretty pretty pretty... looks and sound!

Last edited:
I'm not looking for any one. Just curious what happened. I do want to see those Nunes reproductions.

I'm not looking for any one. Just curious what happened. I do want to see those Nunes reproductions.

Hahaha... just read my post and realized I put "you" and when I said you I meant people in general. Was not wanting it to sound like I was trying to solicit business. I am way self-consious about that when it comes to posts and want them to be informative but not like I am trying to sell something. Though I am a dealer, on here I am a UU member first. Basically if someone wants to know about a specific uke, I can always shoot an e-mail and inquire. Wether they be a customer or not. Usually they know a 3 month window. That is what I meant. Haha!

Top Bottom