New Uke Day- Collings Tenor

Tailgate

Reaction score
Collings UT3M Tenor from Accoustic Vibes Music in Tempe AZ. Great service from Jeff.

Sitka spruce top, quilted maple back. Tortoise binding, rosewood fretboard, haircut headstock.

Light.. Plays very nice. Good volume, very pleasant balanced tone with good sustain. Aquila strings for now. Craftsmanship is superior to anything I've seen before.

Excuse the crappy Iphone pics.

Cheers.. Bob

ps.. will have Pono Mahog Tenor FS in marketplace very soon..

Attachments

• top.jpg
    top.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 181
  • BACK QUILTED.jpg
    BACK QUILTED.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 168
  • HEADSTOCK.jpg
    HEADSTOCK.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 127
  • ROSETTE.jpg
    ROSETTE.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 124
  • TOP DETAIL OK.jpg
    TOP DETAIL OK.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 124
Just incredible! Congratulations!

Dude, that's awesome!

I have a Collings Tenor UT-1 'hog coming to me in the next couple days. It won't look as nice as yours, but I'm getting pretty excited about it now that I have read the three or four Collings threads on UU now. They sure get universal "props". Thanks for the photos.

Wow, congratulations!! I've never seen wood like that before!!

Awesome!!!! Only thing that could be better is if it had come to me. :drool:

Last edited:
Love that quilted Maple, it's the best I've ever seen! :shaka:

That's just stunning Bob, congratulations mate...I look like Kermit the Frog right now... :drool:

what kind of wood is it..is the top tinted yellow?

The top is sitka spruce and the sides/back quilted maple.. the maple is stunning the way the grain creates rolls.. truly looks like a quilt

That's just stunning Bob, congratulations mate...I look like Kermit the Frog right now... :drool:

You have big bulging eyes??!! Sounds serious, Jon; you better get that checked...

John

Dude -- I know the description on AV's website said the top is Sitka Spruce, but it looks a lot more like Adirondack, which is the holy grail of tonewood tops. Either way, very nice acquisition. Enjoy!

GREAT instrument! Ditch the Aquilas and it will rock your musical world.

Top Bottom