Album recs? 1 singer w/ 1 uke

peaceweaver3

Reaction score
Anyone know of albums where one singer plays one uke? I prefer acoustic, but studio and live are ok too. Just wondering what's out there, for inspiration, tips and just good listening! I want to hear the uke and voice without other instruments. They have their place - I'm just looking for more of the solo sound.
Thanks for any recommendations!

Anyone know of albums where one singer plays one uke? I prefer acoustic, but studio and live are ok too. Just wondering what's out there, for inspiration, tips and just good listening! I want to hear the uke and voice without other instruments. They have their place - I'm just looking for more of the solo sound.
Thanks for any recommendations!

Some of the songs on some of Jon Duncan's (Eugene Ukulele here on UU) CDs fit that description. Others have some additional instrumentation, but uke is still prevalent. I love his CDs because they aren't overproduced, compressed, etc. - they're more like sitting across a coffee table from him.

John

Some of the songs on some of Jon Duncan's (Eugene Ukulele here on UU) CDs fit that description. Others have some additional instrumentation, but uke is still prevalent. I love his CDs because they aren't overproduced, compressed, etc. - they're more like sitting across a coffee table from him.

John
Glad I asked! I didn't know Jon had albums available. Is there a place where UU members' album info is or can be offered in one place? That would be mighty handy. Thanks!

Victoria Vox's "Vox Ukulele Cello" album has voice uke and cello- i know it's not quite just one uke and 1 singer, but it's still awesome.

Ncholas abersold

Eddie Vedder's Ukulele Songs is probably the most polished and clean sounding album I've heard for 1 singer+1 uke. I think it's a fantastic album, even though it's not well-loved here (at least it seems to me). I also like A.J. Leonard's stuff, you can find him online!

I also would say Eddie Vedder's Ukulele Songs!! Not sure why UU folks are down on Eddie. Great Album!

Top Bottom