Ukulele gone missing

Timbuck

Reaction score
First one i've lost :(....sent to France c/o Royal Mail International Signed for Delivery..with full tracking info:..Last tracked to a Place in France called Roissy...This is the last tracking info i recieved.

Your item, posted on 15/10/12 with reference # has arrived in ROISSY CTCI IMP RAP and is being processed for delivery.
It looks as if i'll have to go thro' all the palaver of claiming compo: :mad: and i'll have to send off a replacement uke.
and here is a pic of it serial # 01131012
PICT0007-8.jpg

Can't help but I do know that Roissy is Charles De Gaulle airport.

that's really not fun -- hopefully it eventually makes an appearance. i have had
a few things not arrive through the post. One year the post office tried to
make us accept and take delivery of a parcel that been torn open and the
gift removed. Yes they really wanted us to accept the returned emptied
packaging minus the gift. It was a nightmare getting the insurance from
them for the item. It was the christmas gift sent for my daughter a necklace
from Tiffany's so it wasn't cheap. Hope you have better luck sorting it out
with less head aches than i encountered. Best of luck with it.

First one i've lost :(....sent to France c/o Royal Mail International Signed for Delivery..with full tracking info:..Last tracked to a Place in France called Roissy...This is the last tracking info i recieved.

Your item, posted on 15/10/12 with reference # has arrived in ROISSY CTCI IMP RAP and is being processed for delivery.
It looks as if i'll have to go thro' all the palaver of claiming compo: :mad: and i'll have to send off a replacement uke.
and here is a pic of it serial # 01131012
PICT0007-8.jpg

Oh no! Hope it turns up one of these days... or at the very least that you get some kind of monetary compensation. Though I know that's not the same thing at all!!! :(

I'm with hoosierhiver, stuck in Customs at Charles de Gaul.
Being processed for delivery means it is still in transit.
I'd chase the Post office after this length of time.
Was the address correct? Was there a senders address visible?
I wouldn't use Royal Mail for anything of value, rather spend more on a courier.
Bummer by the way!
h

I say, be patient. You are right at about 1 month. Probably the customs agent who needs to sign off on your parcel has the flu or something. (either that or they are off playing that fabulous gorgeous little uke!)

I think it will be delivered. Sucks when the customer is left in limbo....

It will arrive...

De Gaulle? Cripes! Good luck. They are notorious for losing stuff. Hopefully it'll get found. Sorry to hear.

There shouldn't be customs between the UK and France, or any of the European Union members - at least our deliveries from the UK never go through customs. But who knows...

Would you believe it :D..it finaly arrived at it's destination address today..took approx: 35 days :(

Mucho good news.

I once mailed a book from Los Angeles to Honolulu via USPS Media mail—which apparently meant that it was put aboard a rowboat. The guy called a week later asking where his book was. I sent him another First Class and it got there the next day. The first one arrived a couple of weeks later.

Good news! In theory, mail should be getting swifter, given that actual letters are rare these days.

I used to be a mailman in a sorting office (long story) - Young unsupervised mailmen can find it breaks the monotony to pop a small package aimed at Canada into the sack for Australia. Probably, what happened to your package. Honestly, who thinks that is funny? :p

Would you believe it :D..it finaly arrived at it's destination address today..took approx: 35 days :(

hoorah. you could ask for a further surcharge as its now practically a Vintage Timms...:D

That's not too bad. I received an RSVP to my wedding 9 months after the event. I thought it was my brother finding it in his home and dropping it in the mail as a joke. Then I looked at the postmark. It had been in the mail system for 10 1/2 months.

Top Bottom