Got My Christmas Gift early from my friend, part owner at Baan Ukulele

mm stan

Mystery Man
UU VIP
Reaction score
LOOKIE LOOKIE:eek: I got an surprise early yesterday, the mailman
knocked on my door....A concert Koalana, man it sounds sooo sweeet
I cannot put it down....happy ukie day:eek::)
024.jpg

Beauty, Stan!

I've been thinking about one of those, although it seems like it will be a while before it happens.

Now, get healthy, and Play It In Good Health! (As my Grandmother used to say...)

-Kurt​

You lucky buggah!! Give us a review!!

Aloha Daniel and Kurt,
I love it and can't put it down...
I played it next to my KoAloha Concert and while I love the brighness of the Koaloha, I love the warmness of the KoAlana...two different tones...
best to have one of each....they feel the same and playability and comfort are the same....while the Koaloha has a semi satin, the KoAlana is a satin.
It makes no difference to me except asthetics...and for the price, I think it's a great uke and good as an everyday anyplace uke....I am sick and still but
drawn to play it...
028.jpg

love the sun inlay above the logo too...

Last edited:
Aloha Daniel and Kurt,
I love it and can't put it down...
I played it next to my KoAloha Concert and while I love the brighness of the Koaloha, I love the warmness of the KoAlana...two different tones...
best to have one of each....they feel the same and playability and comfort are the same.......

Stan you're such an UAS enabler. lol.... good job. Now my UU fellows: "Resistance is futile".

Very exciting! Wish I had one. Have to pay off my custom,but I want one of these in my stable. Congratulations!
Couldn't happen to a nicer guy!

Congratulations on the new ukulele, Stan! I have to agree with you that these Koalana concerts sound great, look great and are fun to play! I hope you're pumping out Christmas tunes on yours!

Stan you're such an UAS enabler. lol.... good job. Now my UU fellows: "Resistance is futile".

This may explain why Stan was happy to see me buying my own Koalana concert at HMS last month.

see, Stan, do good things and they will come back to you (as in uke gifting)- BRAVO!

Well deserved Brah!

Wow, congrats! Looks like a nice pair. Are they koa?

What a nice surprise you had, Stan! Good to hear your good report of the Koalana. I love the sun as an extra to the headstock logo.

Wow, congrats! Looks like a nice pair. Are they koa?

The KoAloha would be Koa; the KoAlana is Sapele, if I recall correctly. That's one of the reasons for the major difference in tone. (MGM had a great comparison video a month or so ago. Might still be available on the HMS site.)

-Kurt​

What a nice surprise you had, Stan! Good to hear your good report of the Koalana. I love the sun as an extra to the headstock logo.

Aloha Ginny,
Yes I love the sun motiff....I may drill it out and put a blue Sarvoski Crystal in it's place to signify a blue moon...meaning you get a good uke in a blue moon...plus it will give it some bling..woo hoo:)

Last edited:
Aloha Markie,
Hee Hee Yup Bruddah...they sound great and have great intonation....great for the price good all around uke...I will drill out the sun inlay and put a blue sarvoski crystal in it's place to
signify you get a good uke like this only in a blue moon... woo hoo no xmas tunes, not yet though...ha ha

Aloha Christian,
This is my second gift ukulele I received...woo hoo the first was a super nice mele tenor from 808 boy....I am truely grateful to Peng and Bo....Good to have great friends, it is a plus to
get nice gifts too ...I feel so undeserving at times and humbled....whether it's ukuleles or anything else, I am fortunate to have many great friends here on UU...this place is da best:):shaka::smileybounce:

Nice one Brah, looks like the Pikake model. So the one I got would be like the Maui Music pre-fire? It has the crown fretboard, it plays and sounds good. Happy with that one for the price I paid. Oh, it also has genuine Koaloha tuners thanks to Brian at Koaloha.
You're welcome on the Mele Tenor. Kinda mean trick I played on you, eh? Dodie was kinda upset with me for pulling that trick on you. All in fun though.
Enjoy your new additions.................................BO....................

Top Bottom