PDA

View Full Version : Got My Christmas Gift early from my friend, part owner at Baan Ukulele

mm stan
11-09-2012, 09:31 AM
LOOKIE LOOKIE:o I got an surprise early yesterday, the mailman
knocked on my door....A concert Koalana, man it sounds sooo sweeet
I cannot put it down....happy ukie day:o:)
http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad222/ukestan/024.jpg

Dan Uke
11-09-2012, 09:45 AM
You lucky buggah!! Give us a review!!

ksiegel
11-09-2012, 09:58 AM
Beauty, Stan!

I've been thinking about one of those, although it seems like it will be a while before it happens.

Now, get healthy, and Play It In Good Health! (As my Grandmother used to say...)

-Kurt

mm stan
11-09-2012, 10:08 AM
You lucky buggah!! Give us a review!!

Aloha Daniel and Kurt,
I love it and can't put it down...
I played it next to my KoAloha Concert and while I love the brighness of the Koaloha, I love the warmness of the KoAlana...two different tones...
best to have one of each....they feel the same and playability and comfort are the same....while the Koaloha has a semi satin, the KoAlana is a satin.
It makes no difference to me except asthetics...and for the price, I think it's a great uke and good as an everyday anyplace uke....I am sick and still but
drawn to play it...http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad222/ukestan/028.jpg
love the sun inlay above the logo too...

foxfair
11-09-2012, 10:43 AM
Aloha Daniel and Kurt,
I love it and can't put it down...
I played it next to my KoAloha Concert and while I love the brighness of the Koaloha, I love the warmness of the KoAlana...two different tones...
best to have one of each....they feel the same and playability and comfort are the same.......

Stan you're such an UAS enabler. lol.... good job. Now my UU fellows: "Resistance is futile".

fitncrafty
11-09-2012, 10:47 AM
Beauty, Stan!

I've been thinking about one of those, although it seems like it will be a while before it happens.

Now, get healthy, and Play It In Good Health! (As my Grandmother used to say...)

-Kurt

DItto what Kurt said!! I agree

Newportlocal
11-09-2012, 10:48 AM
Very exciting! Wish I had one. Have to pay off my custom,but I want one of these in my stable. Congratulations!
Couldn't happen to a nicer guy!

mds725
11-09-2012, 11:49 AM
Congratulations on the new ukulele, Stan! I have to agree with you that these Koalana concerts sound great, look great and are fun to play! I hope you're pumping out Christmas tunes on yours!

Stan you're such an UAS enabler. lol.... good job. Now my UU fellows: "Resistance is futile".

This may explain why Stan was happy to see me buying my own Koalana concert at HMS last month.

chrimess
11-09-2012, 11:50 AM
see, Stan, do good things and they will come back to you (as in uke gifting)- BRAVO!

Kanaka916
11-09-2012, 12:07 PM
Well deserved Brah!

Nickie
11-09-2012, 12:11 PM
Wow, congrats! Looks like a nice pair. Are they koa?

GinnyT11
11-09-2012, 12:15 PM
What a nice surprise you had, Stan! Good to hear your good report of the Koalana. I love the sun as an extra to the headstock logo.

ksiegel
11-09-2012, 12:40 PM

The KoAloha would be Koa; the KoAlana is Sapele, if I recall correctly. That's one of the reasons for the major difference in tone. (MGM had a great comparison video a month or so ago. Might still be available on the HMS site.)

-Kurt

mm stan
11-09-2012, 12:56 PM
What a nice surprise you had, Stan! Good to hear your good report of the Koalana. I love the sun as an extra to the headstock logo.

Aloha Ginny,
Yes I love the sun motiff....I may drill it out and put a blue Sarvoski Crystal in it's place to signify a blue moon...meaning you get a good uke in a blue moon...plus it will give it some bling..woo hoo:)

mm stan
11-09-2012, 12:57 PM
Aloha Nickie,
Yes the koaloha on the right it Koa and the Koalana is Sapele....nice to have one of both for the tone difference...

mm stan
11-09-2012, 01:01 PM
Very exciting! Wish I had one. Have to pay off my custom,but I want one of these in my stable. Congratulations!
Couldn't happen to a nicer guy!
Aloha Richard,
Mahalo Bruddah....yes yes you gotta get one....woo hoo a custom you say ....do tell:)

mm stan
11-09-2012, 01:04 PM
Aloha Markie,
Hee Hee Yup Bruddah...they sound great and have great intonation....great for the price good all around uke...I will drill out the sun inlay and put a blue sarvoski crystal in it's place to
signify you get a good uke like this only in a blue moon... woo hoo no xmas tunes, not yet though...ha ha

mm stan
11-09-2012, 01:10 PM
Aloha Christian,
This is my second gift ukulele I received...woo hoo the first was a super nice mele tenor from 808 boy....I am truely grateful to Peng and Bo....Good to have great friends, it is a plus to
get nice gifts too ...I feel so undeserving at times and humbled....whether it's ukuleles or anything else, I am fortunate to have many great friends here on UU...this place is da best:):shaka::smileybounce:

mm stan
11-09-2012, 01:13 PM
Well deserved Brah!

Mahalo Bruddah Danny,
Dis iz da place to be fo shua....wish I could make it to L & L 's to the ukie group with you brah....would make my day when I can....

808boy
11-09-2012, 01:48 PM
Nice one Brah, looks like the Pikake model. So the one I got would be like the Maui Music pre-fire? It has the crown fretboard, it plays and sounds good. Happy with that one for the price I paid. Oh, it also has genuine Koaloha tuners thanks to Brian at Koaloha.
You're welcome on the Mele Tenor. Kinda mean trick I played on you, eh? Dodie was kinda upset with me for pulling that trick on you. All in fun though.
Enjoy your new additions.................................BO...... ..............

thesillydave
11-09-2012, 01:52 PM
sweet one stan! congrats and early happy holidays!

OldePhart
11-09-2012, 01:54 PM
Very nice, Stan! I really want one of these but it's just not in the budget right now. I'm just kind of hoping the supply from this first batch holds out until my cash-flow improves. If not, well, it's not like I'm really hurting for good ukes. LOL

John

Dan Uke
11-09-2012, 02:07 PM
Very nice, Stan! I really want one of these but it's just not in the budget right now. I'm just kind of hoping the supply from this first batch holds out until my cash-flow improves. If not, well, it's not like I'm really hurting for good ukes. LOL

John

I believe another batch has come out. Have family by Waialae Iki and North Shore is a little far for them so called directly to Koaloha and they said another shipment arrived. That was a few weeks ago.

mm stan
11-09-2012, 02:13 PM
sweet one stan! congrats and early happy holidays!

Aloha Dave,
My friend from mountain home was just here for a week with her boy....he is 4 years old and conceived in hawaii and she found out a month later she was pregnant in mountain home...
had a great time...thank you...happy holidays to you and your family....oh she said she will go to Eureka soon....wow she remembered I told her about sparkys roadhouse...wow

glass
11-09-2012, 02:15 PM
Nice uke! !

Kanaka916
11-09-2012, 02:21 PM
Mahalo Bruddah Danny,
Dis iz da place to be fo shua....wish I could make it to L & L 's to the ukie group with you brah....would make my day when I can....
Neva play ova dea for awhile cause of work, I work Fridays (staht at 9) so sometimes kinda hahd fo go.

OldePhart
11-09-2012, 02:21 PM
I believe another batch has come out. Have family by Waialae Iki and North Shore is a little far for them so called directly to Koaloha and they said another shipment arrived. That was a few weeks ago.

Yeah...I was just hoping for one from the first batch 'cause that's when the KoAloha guys were there doing the training...I figure once that initial batch is gone they'll still be very good ukes but probably not quite as good as when the experienced guys were right there hands-on every day.

John

Pueo
11-09-2012, 02:23 PM
Nice Stan! I have set to see a Koalana, you one lucky buggah!

mm stan
11-09-2012, 02:25 PM

John
Aloha Bruddah John,
Mike at HMS buys the whole batch....ha ha he controls all the market on them...wow Yes you gotta get one of these...christmas is around the corner, I am sure you might get one....go for it man

mm stan
11-09-2012, 02:29 PM
Nice uke! !

Mahalo Glass, Hope you are safe after Sandy ad had no damages or power outs....thank you again

mm stan
11-09-2012, 02:37 PM
Nice Stan! I have set to see a Koalana, you one lucky buggah!

Aloha Damon,

I am sure HMS does have KoAloha on display floor, but call Mike first..that way you can compare both and do a side by side comparision....let me know...we gotta get together soon too:)
A hui ho...

bdukes
11-09-2012, 03:18 PM
Congrats, Stan. Looks great too. I've been holding out for Koaloha concert, but based on your description, I think I might jump on a KoAlana given the warmer mellow tone.

mm stan
11-09-2012, 03:25 PM
Congrats, Stan. Looks great too. I've been holding out for Koaloha concert, but based on your description, I think I might jump on a KoAlana given the warmer mellow tone.

Aloha Bill,
Great to hear from you....you gotta get both of them....hee hee yes it is an amazing comparison...both are great in their own ways..hope Sandy was not too bad for you up there...Stan

mm stan
11-09-2012, 03:41 PM

Aloha Nickie,
thank you...Wow nobody has ever told that me before:o:):biglaugh:

gitarzan
11-09-2012, 03:47 PM
My KoAlana soprano is scheduled for delivery on Wednesday.

This thread does not help the wait. :(

ukuLily Mars
11-09-2012, 04:34 PM
Oh, what a lovely 'uke! Play in good health, my friend.

mm stan
11-09-2012, 04:47 PM
Aloha Kakou(all),
I just wanted to say that I have made many friends here and many have opened up their hearts towards me with their friendship which will be lifelong friends and many have showered me with
gifts now and then in the past, I want to thank each one of you who sent me some of the most treasured gifts I own and I will keep them forever....A BIG MAHALO to you all...I truely feel unworthy and humbled at times by all your kindess and generosity, but I appriciate it very much....I am sure each one of you know who you are...probally my most treaured gifts of all is all of your friendships....Thank you again....Your friend, Stan:):o

mm stan
11-09-2012, 04:50 PM
My KoAlana soprano is scheduled for delivery on Wednesday.

This thread does not help the wait. :(
Aloha Gitarzan,

Congratulations on your new Koalana soprano....Happy Strummings....wow 5 days whew.....sorry bruddah for the long wait....believe me I know how it is..

mm stan
11-09-2012, 04:53 PM
Oh, what a lovely 'uke! Play in good health, my friend.

Aloha Lily,
I know we were talking before this thread about ukes and you need to get one of these for your xmas present...they are moderately priced for what you get.sound, playability, comfort and
intonation... go for it girl.... you only live once...:o

Trinimon
11-09-2012, 05:24 PM
Haha, that's awesome Stan! Congrats! She's a beauty! :)

mm stan
11-09-2012, 05:31 PM
Haha, that's awesome Stan! Congrats! She's a beauty! :)

Aloha Carlton,
Hey thanks bruddah.....I ate your gift...hee hee and boy it was good....:o

scenic
11-09-2012, 05:49 PM
Congratulations, Stan! I bought one from your friend Peng and it hasn't left my hands since! Love its tone! The satin's hard to maintain but I agree with you, the sound's way more important!

mm stan
11-09-2012, 09:16 PM
Aloha Scenic,
Yes for the price, you get the same quality intonation, comfort, playability as a KoAloha which is more than double the price....and a warmer richer tone...can't go wrong there...
Happy Strummings.. I played my concert koaloha and KoAlana....and I believe in that 100% Stan

vanflynn
11-10-2012, 06:47 AM
Congrats on the beautiful Uke Stan. Now you have to put it back in the box and wait until Dec 25th to play it!

Have fun.

Plainsong
11-10-2012, 06:53 AM
Congrats on the beautiful Uke Stan. Now you have to put it back in the box and wait until Dec 25th to play it!

Have fun.

Yup. We have an alarm on it that goes off here anytime you get near the box too. :) Happy NUD. Getting a new uke is one thing, but getting one from friends or family just means the world. It's the gift of music yet to be played. :)

mm stan
11-10-2012, 06:55 AM

Have fun.

Aloha Jim,
Ha Ha no way man....having too much fun even though I am sick.....Hope you are having a nice day and weekend, should I start a tiki club....hee hee

mm stan
11-11-2012, 02:13 AM
Aloha Jim,
Ha Ha no way man....having too much fun even though I am sick.....Hope you are having a nice day and weekend, should I start a tiki club....hee hee

Aloha Kimmy,
Yup you're right, getting a uke as gift mean a whole lot to me....and I appriciate it even more...and will not be sold...even Lina Girl sold me a uke for a price was like a gift to me...
I cannot thank her enough as well... and the three ukes I received from Bo, Peng and Lina girl sound so good that I will never part with them...thank you gang

ukuLily Mars
11-11-2012, 04:44 AM
Aloha Lily,
I know we were talking before this thread about ukes and you need to get one of these for your xmas present...they are moderately priced for what you get.sound, playability, comfort and
intonation... go for it girl.... you only live once...:o

Okay! That's good enough for me. ;)

foxfair
11-12-2012, 02:43 AM
I had a chance to play one koalana concert uke last night, and it was great experience. Almost made me to buy one for myself, but Stan bro you'll need to try harder and get me onboard! lol.
Good uke to recommend to anyone in the price range. Excellent playability and definitely *not* the same type of traditional ko'aloha sound, but a sweet, warm and loud tone like it can sing all day long. Go get one for your xmas gift, people. The holiday is around the corner.

peaceweaver3
11-12-2012, 09:39 AM
see, Stan, do good things and they will come back to you (as in uke gifting)- BRAVO!
Agreed! Be well and enjoy your new uke Stan!

mm stan
11-12-2012, 09:51 AM
Aloha Crystal and Christian,
Thank you for the nice words my friends....believe me I am humbled and undeserving but feel happy I got it.........but I appriciate it and love it....
Yes I am still sick with my infection and getting better slowly...it's been a long time...thank you for your concern and well wishes....I love the
warm tones from my Koalana and enjoy my treasured Anakoneke...happy strummings gang....MM thank you again

mm stan
11-12-2012, 10:00 AM
I had a chance to play one koalana concert uke last night, and it was great experience. Almost made me to buy one for myself, but Stan bro you'll need to try harder and get me onboard! lol.
Good uke to recommend to anyone in the price range. Excellent playability and definitely *not* the same type of traditional ko'aloha sound, but a sweet, warm and loud tone like it can sing all day long. Go get one for your xmas gift, people. The holiday is around the corner.

Aloha Howie,
Wow you played one over there in Australia already...wow yes those Koalana's sell for themselves ...I am sure you will add one to your
uke family soon...but you'd have to get a Koaloha concert too...so
nice playing them side to side comparisons....your ukulele enabler:):o
LOL

Mandarb
11-12-2012, 10:09 AM
Congrats! So that is how many ukes now?

mm stan
11-12-2012, 01:32 PM
Congrats! So that is how many ukes now?

Mahalo Brah....he he gave up counting a couple years back.....it scares me to even know....not to mention how much I spent....isn't it all about the journey though...so that is my excuse...LOL
Maybe a better question is how many I have played?? alot safer to think about hee hee

Mandarb
11-13-2012, 03:42 AM
Mahalo Brah....he he gave up counting a couple years back.....it scares me to even know....not to mention how much I spent....isn't it all about the journey though...so that is my excuse...LOL
Maybe a better question is how many I have played?? alot safer to think about hee hee

Hey - it was worth a shot. So - how many different ukes have you played??

mm stan
11-13-2012, 03:58 AM
Hey - it was worth a shot. So - how many different ukes have you played??

Good Morning,
Have no idea too:o EZ four digits though....:o

Mandarb
11-13-2012, 04:01 AM
Good Morning,
Have no idea too:o EZ four digits though....:o

You are up bright and early today. Hope you are feeling better.

mm stan
11-13-2012, 04:53 AM
Thank you for remembering and your concern....still not out of the woods but feeling a little better...hope it continues...I appriciate it....have a nice day bruddah