National Ukulele Underground Day!

electrauke

Reaction score
Okay everyone let's start a Ukulele Underground Day! It should be November 25 because that is the date Aldrine Guerrero joined the UU forums. Other then that I cannot get a more exact date as to when UU was started. Who is with me? I am going to start a contest soon celebrating UU Day even though I just made it up. If anyone has a more exact date as to when UU was started please let me know. Post if you want UU Day.

Sincerely,
ELECTRAUKE!!!!!!

I second the motion.

For a young man of 11, you are one cool kid Electrauke. How thoughtful even thinking this up. Sure gives we old guys hope for the younger generation. I envision someday the UU will be celebrating your success in whatever you choose to do in life. Your videos alone brighten my day whenever I get the chance to check them out.

Works for me. Any excuse to buy another ukulele!!!

Scooter

I love this idea :D I even wrote a song about Ukulele Underground, lemme just grab the video!

It's been a while since I made that video, but I can do a better one in a few days!

Just an FYI . . . Nov. 25th was when the UU Forum was formally initiated and opened its doors for the first time. This highly successful venture is the brainchild of three talented young men. You can't exclude Ryan & Aaron as their names including Aldrine's will always be synonymous with Ukulele Underground! If it wasn't for the vision of these three, UU would simply not exist and be the ultimate `Ukulele site it has grown to be . . . jus my dos centavos.

Last edited:
I like the idea. Any ideas, other than playing one's ukulele, about how to celebrate?

I love this idea :D I even wrote a song about Ukulele Underground, lemme just grab the video!

It's been a while since I made that video, but I can do a better one in a few days!

Very cool! Maybe UU should adopt this song as its anthem. :)

Just an FYI . . . Nov. 25th was when the UU Forum was formally initiated and opened its doors for the first time. This highly successful venture is the brainchild of three talented young men. You can't exclude Ryan & Aaron as their names including Aldrine's will always be synonymous with Ukulele Underground! If it wasn't for the vision of these three, UU would simply not exist and be the ultimate `Ukulele site it has grown to be . . . jus my dos centavos.

What do you reckon would be the best way to celebrate them and their wonderful website?

How about call it...

UKULELE UNDERGROUND DAY
An appreciation of Aaron, Aldrine and Rayan
for an AWESOME place to hang out!

Cool idea, Electrauke!

PS--It should be International instead of National, if you want to include that too.

Last edited:
Great idea! Anything that celebrates this wonderful site is fine by me! Heck, if my work picks up (we are in a real depression here) I would even go VIP as my own way of thanking the founders! Now, there's an idea for celebrating the site. Go VIP! ,)

PS I second the International name :agree:

Perhaps a way of celebrating is to start a thread or even entire section of the board which only lasts for the 24 hours of the day in question. Glitz it up to look like a family freindly party open to all ages. Then anyone who is willing can post some thing suitable as a thankyou or tribute etc. It may be important to state that there is no competition involved and that every member is already a winner. The concept of generating annual awards for various things, or similar, is not included in my vision of the concept, but you do have to say what you enjoy and like somehow.
Some suggestions to get some thoughts happening on what to post:
Video of your UU aniversary party.
Links to your favourite posts over the year.
A list of your next UU year ukulele goals
Some tales of your ukulele adventures over the year
Some videos or mp3s of tunes you wrote to thank people who have helped you.

Great thread Andre!!!

This sounds fantastic Bill. Would be a great way to share the love and to give credit to Ryan, Aaron and Aldrine.

Forgot to mention the rest of the gang. I will private message a moderator about the all day thread.

Top Bottom