Who is Mim??

electrauke

Reaction score
Every now and then I see people talking about somebody named Mim. Who is this person?

A mystery woman.....first person in the universe to dream up the concept of an ice cream/ukulele shop. Some say she is Jennifer Aniston's twin sister.......

She own's Mim's uke's, and is a frequent visitor to these forums, and just an all around cool lady!
http://stores.ebay.com/Mims-Ukes

She is also Uncle Elvis' secret fan club manager and is getting ever closer to the Mason-Dixie line.

She is a Mountan Woman with blue hair, a gaggle of kids, a neon green van, an arabian stallion horse , a pig named mike, goats on her roof, and a ukulele shop deep in the woods of western Virginia...

I ain't liyn' neither!

She is a Mountan Woman with blue hair, a gaggle of kids, a neon green van, an arabian stallion horse , a pig named mike, goats on her roof, and a ukulele shop deep in the woods of western Virginia...

I ain't liyn' neither!

I'm here to attest, JT is telling the whole truth and nothing but the truth!

I ain't liyn' neither!

Lol perfect description!!

She also performs a mean rap.

One of the friendliest, most helpful sellers out there.

Mim is an amazing person and ukulele seller/dealer. She also has a delightful twang to her voice and uses the phrase "hot mess" with the best of them!

M!m is a delightful lady who just happens to sell ukuleles. I have purchased a couple from her myself! I have also had the pleasure of meeting her in person. Her accent is a real hoot, and she loves to talk to people with foreign accents. She also has a heart of gold and deserves to be canonized.

Mim is the Bee's Knees, the Cat's Meow, the Queen of Kool, and the Bringer of Goodies - Oh...and I think she sells ukes, too! :)

Who is Mim . . . proud to say she's one of the regular posters here, an avid supporter of UU, and has been with us since 09. She's also preferred vendor.

I got nothing to top any of that.

She's just a ginormous ball of awesomesauce!!!

And, she looks like a young Sally Fields in the Flying Nun.

But without the hat.

And, she is a superior ukulele setter upper.

Well shucks yall! It is a cold frosty night outside, but sitting here at my desk I feel all warm and fuzzy like!!! I would chime in and introduce myself... but I am thinking I like the way yall do it better!!!

A mystery woman.....first person in the universe to dream up the concept of an ice cream/ukulele shop. Some say she is Jennifer Aniston's twin sister.......

She own's Mim's uke's, and is a frequent visitor to these forums, and just an all around cool lady!
http://stores.ebay.com/Mims-Ukes

What What ...is she related to me....hee hee Mystery Woman???? hmmm better go check... Yup all is said is true, she is a very wonderful warm hearted gal, and she sells ukes that are set up so nice.....it's a pleasure to do business with her..... for sure..

I am Mim. Sort of by accident. But here I am, where I love to be!

On here I am UU member before dealer!!! So please, if I ever sound like I am trying to sell you something through any means other than answering PMs, fuss at me (though PM... haha). I try to not cross the line between being helpful in a post and sounding like I am trying to sell something. It is hard and sometimes leads me to shy away from "uke talk". I need to get over myself. But yes, I am a uke dealer... but I was a member first and that is important to me.

UU is where my bestest friends in the whole world are! And sometimes I think that is kind of sur-real to say, but it is true! True, amazing, awesome friends!!! All over the world! You will see! The more you are in this community, it is hard to explain, it just happens! And then you go to a uke event and meet someone for the first time, and you feel like you have always known them!

But yes, all the links are correct (though my website needs a lot of work, which one day I will have time to do... sp ebay is really the only one with content). My prices are better if you can just e-mail me: mim at mimsukes dot com because there are ways to bypass certain fees and package things to save you money! I set up all my ukes, am really picky, and if I do miss something (rarely happens, but nobodys perfect) I stand behind every uke I sell and will take it back, fix it, exchange it, or refund.

And now... I sound like I am selling something. So, I will stop with that!

About me:

I have a ton of kids, a virtual petting zoo in my front yard, I love the ukulele, I love my job, ummm... my hair changes colors every now and then, you will see me around and a few uke fest a year and I never miss an Ukulele World Congress!!! I just moved from Charlotte to Floyd Virginia just off the Blue Ridge Parkway. I was born a Virginia girl and am happy to be one again! I work in the top of my garage (sound small, but it is barn style so it is 800 sq feet with taller ceilings than my house. You are always welcome to stop by, just call me first so I can put up the animals and clean up a little bit and to make sure I am here.

Anything missing?

Oh, and yes, I am Uncle Elvis' biggest fan!

Last edited:
Me at NAMM last year... though recently I bizzed my hair to 1 inch and died it blue... I should look like this again when it grows out! Haha!

MimCover.jpg

Over the years, UU has had (and still has) some legends: Aldrine, MGM, Deach, Seeso, Dominator... and quite a few more.

Mim is one of those.

Top Bottom