NEW POHAKU "The Sheriff" HD Review: Picture in Picture technique debut on my reviews

blue_knight_usa

Reaction score
NEW POHAKU "The Sheriff" HD Review: Picture in Picture technique debut on my reviews

Hi All,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGX7gtJ632Q&feature=plcp

I finally posted the review on Peter Hurney's custom ukulele he made me. This is a tribute Pohaku Ukulele and Peter knocked this one out of the park. Looking forward to getting a custom Tenor from him next.

Hope you all enjoy the review. I did something different and did picture in picture which I am going to do for all my future reviews. Let me know if you like the picture in picture. I figured just me talking was beyond boring and hopefully the PIP Photos keep it a bit more interesting as well as the sound samples at the end.

Thanks
Jay

beautiful uke... you can tell from your smile that it's very special. Enjoyed the review and your playing.

Jay, your video is excellent. I like the video-in-video for details and extra shots of the uke. Your playing is superb. The sound of that uke is truly amazing and big and soulful. Well done.

Jay,
That uke is awesome! Thanks for the review. Can you give us a hint about what your custom tenor will be?

Hi there, it's going to be a combination of Koa and several possible kinds of maple (Flaming/Curly/Birdseye) Maple along with several other woods. I'm working on the design now and hopefully he can get started in Jan/Feb.

Very nice review, including your impressive playing! Our mahogany concert Pohaku is being built right now, and seeing yours makes me impatient, as I love my mahogany soprano.

I like the picture-in-picture a lot---it makes it quite interesting. It would be a bit more effective if a close-up of what you're talking about appeared at the time you're talking about it. That happened a couple times, but not every time. For example, I'd have liked to see the badge in the P in P when you're describing the yellow mother of pearl.

Thanks for taking the time to do this!

Nice looking uke - what a great idea to make a tribute uke.
am sure it will be enjoyed. congratulations, excellent
playing and the spanish flavor is excellent.

Hi there, it's going to be a combination of Koa and several possible kinds of maple (Flaming/Curly/Birdseye) Maple along with several other woods. I'm working on the design now and hopefully he can get started in Jan/Feb.

Nice, I love the maple on mine!

Hi GT, you are right, I realized after that I should have matched every photo with what I was talking about but now I'll make sure the next one matches ;-) Great feedback, and I appreciate you taking the time to watch and provide feedback. I hope you love your Pohaku as much as I love mine. Just be patient as Peter works on his own schedule ;-)
Jay

Jay-- Steve here. We emailed when I contacted you before getting Peter's stunning Pohaku curly koa baritone. I think your video of The Sheriff is top-notch. It's a glorious ukulele.

Peter's work is simply stunning. Yours being a superb example of that. Anyone that sees a PoHaku for sale--be it from Peter, or the rare one on the used market--snatch it up!

Thanks Jay.

Hi Steve, that's right! I agree, his work is great. I am hoping he can start me tenor after Jan. He's a busy guy with lots of hobbies so I'm going to beg him to fit me in. Then I'll get something hopefully before the end of 2013. Long wait but worth it for sure.

Top Bottom