Roy Smeck Vita Uke

SickAs6

Reaction score
I have inherited a Roy Smeck Vita Uke. It’s in very good condition, no cracks. It has the red Diamond “H” on the head stock. I play other instruments but never a Ukulele. Can anyone tell me anything about it? What it’s worth?

IMG_0317.jpg

Congrats on the Vita uke you inherited....do you wanna sell....is that black headstock look original..or just dirty.. You know a few years ago these were really reasonable priced...
depending on condition, now you can get them for 300 and up maybe 600+ for a mint one....I hear a set of freemont are great on them and you can get them at Elderly music...google them happy strummings...
mm stan said:
NewArrivals92012008_zps6d0348cd.jpg

Last edited:
I believe it's original head. Looks more like your pic in person.

The Vita Uke is a great uke, but it is very fragile. Easy to crack. Avoid using strings that require too much tension. Martin Flourocarbons should be very good on it.

If Stan doesn't want to buy it I'd be interested if you're selling.

I don't plan on selling, just wondering what I had. On closer inspection I found a hairline crack on the back of the body. Any suggestions?

I don't plan on selling, just wondering what I had. On closer inspection I found a hairline crack on the back of the body. Any suggestions?

Can be properly repaired, permanently, by a competent luthier, for a reasonable price.

1. Put some fluorocarbon strings on and start playing...
2. Gradually sell other instruments...

What a lovely thing to inherit. Keep it for ever.

PicMonkey Collage.jpg
1. Put some fluorocarbon strings on and start playing...
2. Gradually sell other instruments...

What a lovely thing to inherit. Keep it for ever.

I have to admit, it is fun to play. Knowing that my grandfather had it as a young man makes it even more valuable to me.

View attachment 45209

I have to admit, it is fun to play. Knowing that my grandfather had it as a young man makes it even more valuable to me.

Keep it as a family heirloom and pass it on in the family and kids and grandkids...these things should never be sold and kept within the family for generations, I mean forever...yes these ukes have a very thin body
get it fixed so the crack is stablized....super glue should work well..

Last edited:
Top Bottom