New Kala Reso Uke on way from Uke Republic

PhilUSAFRet

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
My new Kala concert reso uke is on the way. Can't wait to play it. More pics when it arrives.

Attachments

• Kala Reso Uke - Concert burst.jpg
    Kala Reso Uke - Concert burst.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 112
I like the burst finish. What size? Concert? The website states the tenors are "coming soon"

Congrats and have fun with it.

Edit: just read the title of the pic, so disregard the size question.

I like the burst finish. What size? Concert? The website states the tenors are "coming soon"

Congrats and have fun with it.

Edit: just read the title of the pic, so disregard the size question.

Yeah, I didn't know the burst existed until Mike from UkeRepublic showed me a pic last weekend at the Tampa Bay Uke Getaway. Said he just happened to have a concert on hand.......the rest is history.

That looks real nice. I look forward to reading your opinion on it.

Yeah, I didn't know the burst existed until Mike from UkeRepublic showed me a pic last weekend at the Tampa Bay Uke Getaway. Said he just happened to have a concert on hand.......the rest is history.

Yes, please let me know, too!

I've been thinking about the Kala Concert Reso, as the most affordable resonator I've seen, and I am curious.

I can't really afford another Uke at the moment... meaning I probably can, just don't want to get another one while I'm saving for a custom...

But it really looks nice. if it sounds as good, my resolve may start to decay.

And then I'd have to let Carrie play it, which means she'd want one, and well, you know how these things snowball. (We're both lusting after Michael Eck's National Resonator Concert Uke, as it is...)

-Kurt​

Congrats.

Not to be a downer but a local Kala reseller friend of mine said they ordered a Kala reso for a customer. It arrived from the Canadian dealer and they were amazed at how shotty it was. A screw was missing, one was falling out because it it was screwed into the thin laminate top etc and it was already stripped. Hopefully yours is in much better condition.

Congrats.

Not to be a downer but a local Kala reseller friend of mine said they ordered a Kala reso for a customer. It arrived from the Canadian dealer and they were amazed at how shotty it was. A screw was missing, one was falling out because it it was screwed into the thin laminate top etc and it was already stripped. Hopefully yours is in much better condition.

Sure glad you weren't "trying" to be a downer! LOL

Sorry Phil, I'm not the best with words but as MGM says, the new stuff has fixed this issue so all's well that ends well. :)

Very nice looking uke! Now we have banjo ukes, guitaleles, and resophonic ukes! I wonder what's next...

Very nice looking uke! Now we have banjo ukes, guitaleles, and resophonic ukes! I wonder what's next...

Hopefully a uke that plays itself better than i can! Just kidding, what would be the fun it that....

Did you get your hands on this thing yet Phil?

The newer models look to have different tuners as well. I bought a tenor from the first batch and felt the tuners were the weakest link. I just jumped on a newer model tenor on eBay. Kind of regretted selling it, but the improvements with the new shipments look promising.

Top Bottom