Soprano Solid Koa with Hard Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

1geo

Reaction score
MY PREVIOUS POSTS HAD THE WRONG PICTURES SORRY FOR THE CONFUSION.

I have a soprano solid koa (top back and sides) with long neck in a hard case, has 3 latches one keyed. Scale is 15.5 inches. Selling this one because I have to many, 8 at present. Asking $250 for it and will split shipping. Geo

u1.jpgu2.jpgu4.jpg

Its a Soprano

Its a Soprano with a long neck. That's why I put in the scale measurement.

What is the sound like and how is the intonation. Looks like a very nice instrument.

That looks to be one of Bruce Wei's ukes.

Brand or Makle

I'm not sure, I got it in a buy with several electric guitars. It has no label or maker logo on it. Nor does it have any scratches or dents or dings. It looks brand new; I put it in a hard case to keep it that way.

What brand and model is it 1geo ?

Sound and Intonation

I have three Kamakas and all have what I would call a Hawaiian sound. This ukulele has the same sound which I believe is unique to Koa wood a more defined and sustained sound. I also have a vintage "Aloha Royal" solid mohagony. The Royal has a more meloy sound as one would expect in the rythmn section. I checked the intonation against a Peterson VS-1 tuner and it registered one octave higher on the 12th fret on each string but the strobe is still moving a little on each string eventhough the right key and octave appear. Compared with some of my other ukuleles the intonation is good.

What is the sound like and how is the intonation. Looks like a very nice instrument.

It is a Bruce Wei. That is his work by the headstock, fit & finish, and the darker shading on the heal. All those are his signiture cues. Odds are, it is "Acacia", which is the mother species of Koa. Bruce generally builds in Mahogany, Maple, or Acacia. Most all his necks are Maple, which yours also is.

Last edited:
Bump. Anyone want to make an offer on this Koa?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom