South Bay So. Cal. Uke Players

FunkyPeaNutZ

UU+
Reaction score
I was shopping for an uke for my 8 year old nephew's birthday, so I checked a shop out recommended awhile back by a lurker here. If you guys get a chance, check out Island Legends. They had a bunch of Lanikai's and Pono's, all shapes and sizes. There were also some higher end uke's like some Kamaka's, Koaloha's, and Kanilea's. I had a fun time strumming these higher end uke's, just thinking which one I was gonna buy with my tax return.

Most importantly, while talking to the guy working there, they also teach classes at the store. He didn't specify who taught it, but there are kids classes, beginner adult, intermediate adult, and picking classes too. These classes are all group classes and for 5 bucks, that's a steal. I'll be checking it out too.

Here's the info.

2120 W. Artesia Blvd.
Torrance, Ca 90504
310-352-6333

Now for the fun. My buddy and I made Wii golf 10x more fun, at least for awhile. We always modify games to allow us to get more drunk and make fun of the other players.

Here are the rules. For ever hole, you chug a beer, and for every shot you take that doesn't make it into the hole, 10 pushups. So the par 5's are death. Pray for a birdie. After the 6th hole, we had to drop it down to 5 pushups. Considering I haven't done any pushups or worked out since I injured my back around Thanskgiving, it's safe to say, I'm gonna be hurting tomorrow. Try it out, it's fun. Stupid, yes...but fun none the less.

that sounds sweet the uke lessons i wish i didnt live on the east side

what's the place called?

what's the place called?

Island Legends

--- Thanks for the info i will check this place out for sure, I Might take a class 5 BUCKS!!! Heck yah thats a steal. might get my neighbor to go with me....

Thanks again,
Howlie Boy

I went there today. It's sort of hard to spot since it's in the corner of a little plaza so keep an eye out. Another thing, it's not open on mon. and sun. from what I saw today, and I was hoping to llok around. I'll drop by sometime this week or next.

My bad on that bro. I guess there was some info that I didn't get. But hey, you'll be happy strumming all the nice ukes when you go there again.

Top Bottom