Inspirational Ukulele....

mm stan

Mystery Man
UU VIP
Reaction score
Ever since I started playing again 4 years ago, and I have gone through many many many ukes, only one uke so far I can truely say
since the first strum I knew that this was the one....Lina Girl sold it
to me....well it was like a gift for the price I got it....Thank you Lina
Girl... It inspires me to play because it sounds so nice, comfortable,
great playabilty and tone...intonation is perfect... I mentioned this before, It constantly gives me aha moments...I mean it is so fun and
easy to play and sounds great that I can just improvise on the dot anytime...and create new techiques and style playing...Does anybody else have such a uke they own that can do this....BTW it is made by
Toni Maloon of Anakoneke Ukuleles...she is a member here, Ukegirl13
she has been under the radar here as one of the top builders to me...
I know a couple other members who think highly of her ukes too..I
hope I am not breaking the secret out of the bag about her fine ukes..
just wanted to share...Happy Strummings....:):):eek: thank you again
Toni and Lina Girl....I am just one happy uker that wanted to share:)
Check her out on Facebook Anakoneke Ukes...

Last edited:
Congrats Bruddah Stan,
I know how many and what you have. To say that gives Toni alot of accolades, deservedly so.
Hmmm, gonna have to check into a possible build cause you and I have similar taste.
Enjoy Bruddah,.........................BO............................

Aloha Stan. It's so nice to hear when someone finds the Uke that sparks their muse. Many spend lots of time and money and don't find it.

Does this mean that we'll see a bunch of mm stan posts over in the market place?

Many never find their special uke...and spend a ton of money.....as for the dust collectors, I enjoy playing any uke and they all make me happy too....LOL
Just as costly trying to find another special one I guess.....he he

Last edited:
The first one I bought from Brian Griffin is that way. I've tuned it to a rentrant Bb with S/C strings. The "Patrick" he built specially for me is getting that way also as it ages.

I'm finding strings make a big difference. Southcoast have been the best I've liked to date. I'm pretty well set as to the ukes I want to pass on to my future generations; one more to go and trustfully I'm done buying. Sure how many of us have said that before.

Congrats, Stan! That's some high praise for a uke. Love to see and hear it. Enjoy!

Congrats, Stan! That's some high praise for a uke. Love to see and hear it. Enjoy!

Aloha Bill and Cliff,
Yes flamed koa and a light build...
Here is my inspirational ukulele ...it is a concert...
NewArrivals92012010.jpg

Last edited:
Nice to know that you're still pleased with the Anakoneke Stan It is a gorgeous uke. Hope you'll continue to enjoy it.

You know with alot of ukes I enjoy them, but not like this one....everytime I pick this up, it puts a smile on me and the creativity just flows.......I been through
hundreds of ukes and none puts a bigger smile on my face....and the intrest is still going strong yet.....usually in a few days, weeks, with other ukes I just
add them to the collection...this one always peeks my intrest and enjoyment for some reason every time....it is on the top so far....thank you....

Aloha Stan. It's so nice to hear when someone finds the Uke that sparks their muse. Many spend lots of time and money and don't find it.

Does this mean that we'll see a bunch of mm stan posts over in the market place?
I could say something about "you don't find that uke, you creat it..." But I won't. Or did I? Still, I've heard wonderful things about Anakoneke, and I do think that the more heart a builder puts into a uke, the better! There are few ukes I would seek out, but Anakoneke is one. Congrats Stan!!

yeah thats a nice ukulele!

does this mean, culling down the collection somewhat? If its that much fun, i'm not sure i'd play anything else.

Cheers

Cliff

I could say something about "you don't find that uke, you creat it..." But I won't. Or did I? Still, I've heard wonderful things about Anakoneke, and I do think that the more heart a builder puts into a uke, the better! There are few ukes I would seek out, but Anakoneke is one. Congrats Stan!!

Aloha Crystal,
Thank you...even building your own or ordering a custom ukulele, you still have that unknown factor how it will turn out until you string it up and play it...since the building tolerences and materials
is such a big factor everything has to be within certain tight requrements to get that perfect sound..you never know what you going to get...every uke has their own voice...like you and me.
Yes Toni did this one right on the money...it is a keeper for life and to pass on in the family....for sure....

yeah thats a nice ukulele!

does this mean, culling down the collection somewhat? If its that much fun, i'm not sure i'd play anything else.

Cheers

Cliff

Ha Ha Cliff,
Have sold some to fund my upcoming custom builds and probally more the collection keeps evolving to create a better collection...it's that UAS disease...ha ha never ends I guess...

Wow, Stan, it's gorgeous! I'd love to see more pix. Does this mean I shouldn't get a LoPrinzi? Ha

Great for you Stan! It's a wonderful feeling to be inspired by an instrument, and yours is a beauty.

Less great for me: Now I want an Anakoneke baritone. :)

Just came back to thread and saw the pic. Beautiful uke. Lucky guy. Glad you found one that speaks to you like that. I once had a gold label soprano Kamaka that spoke to me, but it was on loan. I returned it. Still miss how inspiring it was.

Top Bottom