Elderly Instruments?

iamblinkin

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with Elderly Instruments (www.elderly.com)? I am highly interested in obtaining a Kanile'a super concert or tenor and they have the cheapest prices I've found. MGM had a tenor for 999$ and Elderly has it for like 695$ or so. Also, what are the differences between a super concert and tenor? Also, if you have any tips on how to persuade parents to spend that much, please share. ;)

I've had great good experiences with Elderly. If you're in their neck of the woods in Michigan it's well worth a road trip. You can count on either place for excellent reliability and follow up.

There is a wealth of info on sizes and their differences here on the site, the most recent of which will be in the "Uke got Mail" clips. You can easily spend the better part of a day just browsing what you will find using the "search" function and also to just listening to you tube clips and noting what instruments were used.

All the best to you on your shopping excursion!

elderly.com is a great outfit to work with. They will also set up your uke to how you want it, make sure there are no fret buzzes, and check the intonation and the integrity of the uke. Ask them about it to make sure you get the set-up you want.

I've been dealing with Elderly since the 1970's, before the internet was born and they were a simple mail-order business... I've bought and traded and sold many instruments through the mail and they have always been excellent and honest folks to deal with!

The difference between a tenor and a super tenor is the scale. A tenor uke has a tenor size body with a tenor scale - about 17". A super tenor has a tenor body but has a baritone scale - usually somewhere between 19 and 21". Some super tenors are tuned GCEA, gCEA, DGBE, or dGBE. If you're getting a super tenor, ask for what the scale length is and how it's tuned and what strings does it use for that tuning.

Have fun!!!

^ I think he was asking about the Super Concert. In any event, a super concert is just a concert body with a tenor neck/scale.

Elderly is literally one of the finest business I have ever dealt with. I have bought both my Taylors there, in person, and traded in guitars with them in the past. The store is like a fretted instrument museum. They have an immensely knowledgable staff made up of all talented musicians. You can't go wrong.

Top Bottom