Jupiter Creek has problems????

Ukeluvr

Reaction score
Last February I ordered a custom (ES335 style) uke from Rob Dick in Australia....I had to cancel the order last week and was told I'd have to wait awhile for the 'refund'....The QUESTION IS....Has any one else in the ukulele universe run into this problem with this guy???.....he wouldn't answer e-mails and offered nothing but excuses (weather, etc.) and after canceling, he responded quickly to say he'd just come back from taking some time off....???!!!....(on whose nickel??).

I'm thinking that if you aren't within traveling distance of this guy, you're pretty low on his priority list....

If anyone else has a similar situation with Jupiter Creek Music....I'd like to know.....Ukeluvr

Hi ukelovr,

I got a Jupiter Creek uke about 2 or 3 years ago, I think. Rob was real responsive - he told me he could start working on it in 3 weeks, he wrote me when he started building it, sent me a couple of updates, and I think it took him about a month to finish it. He really got into it and made it into it one of his "Eagle Creek" models with no extra charge to me. He just dug the design I asked him to make which wasn't his usual tele style. In any case, he was real repsonsive with me - I put down a 25% deposit when I made the order and paid the remainder when he was ready to ship. I live in the USA, so I don;t live anywhere near him!

Anyway, he did a nice job on my uke and I'm pleased with it. I'm going to sell it though since I don;t play it anymore - my brother is borrowing it and when I get it back, I will sell it. Trying to thin down my herd, and tenor scales don't work well with my arthitis, so I'm getting rid of all my tenors and baritones.

My Jupiter Creek tenor has a strat style body with a black strat pick cover. Sealed geared tuners with a 14:1 ratio. Nice looking instrument.

It's got a single humbucker with a swtich to switch between the humbucker and the two individual coils of the humbucker, so you can get a varity of sounds with the little beast - very cool. It's got a heavy mahogany body so there's lots of sustain and a nice bass repsonse. I have it tuned to dGBE (with a low d) and it totally rocks. My fretting hand is as stiff as a rock these days though, so I'm pretty much sticking to concert and soprano scaled instruments, sadly...

I don;t have any idea why Rob's flaking out on you... I would have recommended him based on my experience, so it's sad to hear your experience hasn't been so good.

Anyway, my best to you. And if you;re interested in my Jupiter Creek tenor strat style, let me know!

Last edited:
Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!

The uke is ready to ship....I'm a happy camper....disregard any whining on my part.

Ukeluvr

When you do get it, please post some pics and share your pride with the rest of the UAS starved members.

Jupiter Creek Tenor Solid Body Electric Uke for sale

The Jupiter Creek has been sold!!!

Here's my Jupiter Creek tenor uke I have for sale. It's a strat style body, mahogany body that's real resonant - you can hear the sustain when you play it unplugged and that;s a good sign!!! Humbucker pickup with a switch that lets you play it as a humbucker or a single coil so you can either kind of tone out of one pickup. Sealed geared tuners. Rob Dick was so happy with hoe this one came out, he made it one of his Eagle Creek ukes.

I just had the action and intonatiion adjusted so everything's spot on. Newly restrung to gCEA. You can also tune this uke to dGBE if you use heavier strings - the intonation and action will still be fine. The action is adjusted low because that's how I like it.

$385 plus shipping & insurance.
I can throw in a new padded Lanikai tenor gigbag for an extra $15 if you;d like.

Attachments

• DSC08694.JPG
    DSC08694.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 30
  • DSC08695.JPG
    DSC08695.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC08698.JPG
    DSC08698.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC08699.JPG
    DSC08699.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC08700.JPG
    DSC08700.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
can you put a whammy bar on this uke?

that would be so much fun lol

You'd have to replace the bridge to do that.

But theorretically you could... just not as it's set up now.

I used to dig whammy's a lot, then just stopped usin' them...
don;t really know why...

I use less FX than I used to too...

You'd have to replace the bridge to do that.

But theorretically you could... just not as it's set up now.

I used to dig whammy's a lot, then just stopped usin' them...
don;t really know why...

I use less FX than I used to too...

do you know of any ukes that are for sale that are whammy usableness?

i hope you get my point. :p

I don;t know of any solid body ukes with whammy capabiliy...

You could write Rob Dick and see if he can make you one.

Top Bottom