New Willie Wixom custom build tenor in the pipe line

barrybush

Reaction score
Just got word from Willie that my custom build tenor is close to being started. Man, am I excited. Willie is wonderful to work with. I know he must be very busy but he made me feel like I was a vip. By phone or email he responds way faster than I expected. Hey! I need your help. How do I post pictures to the forum and once I receive the uke, how do I post video/sound samples? Each of my ukes has a different sound and personality. Can't wait to adopt a Willie Wixom.

Lanikai NKT Low G, Honu KXXXe-inf High g, Kamaka HF3 low G

Congrats....on the Wixom... woo hoo load Photo bucket on.....it works for me...Willie is a real nice man to do business with..

Congrats on your up coming Wixom and do post pix when it arrives. Agreed that Willie is a joy to work with when discussing your build. I have an April slot for my next build so my designing process in my head kept changing recently. Will have to write down a rough draft and go from there, oh I do have one somewhere.
Don't forget to join the Wixom Owners Group here on the forum.
Enjoy the anticipation................................BO......................

Here's how I specked it out my Tenor:
Top, back & sides : 4A curly Koa
Neck: Mahogany
Head stock: Slot Head Koa veneer
Side sound hole
Fret board and bridge: ebony
Binding: Top, back, sides, fret board: Curly maple
Rosette: MOP w/ blk whitw blk purfling
Finish: Satin
Tuners: Grover gold sta tite 18:1 vintage style scalloped knobs
Nut and saddle: Bone
Pick up: Misi Trio Acoustic
Strings: Aquilla
Case: Upgrade to tweed case

Here's the latest update. Willie is sending me a picture of each step. I have often thought of buying one of the dvd's showing how a uke is built. This is even better. This is my ukulele being built.

Top Bottom