Hive Ukuleles Website

Wow, just wow Jake. Beautiful ukes fo shua.....................

I always enjoy lookin in on your site Jake :)

You changed your heel !

Last edited:
He uses Maple for tops!!!

Now I know where to come when I want a Quilted Maple Uke built ;)

Beautiful instruments... :worship: But I am not worthy....

Aloha Jake,
Mahalo for sharing...wow wow that is some sweeeet lookin' ukes....one day man, you'll receive a call from me... fo shua

Got the new shop up and running yet?

Still waiting on my CR (adi top cherry b/s . . . but it should be real soon :)

Thank you all for the kind words, they are greatly appreciated.

Got the new shop up and running yet?
Still waiting on my CR (adi top cherry b/s . . . but it should be real soon :)

No Gary, its going to be a while. I think I may have the location picked out :)
Oh yeah.......the Compass Rose. I'm excited for you! Let me know how it turns out.

Very nicely done Jake. Your website is like a breath of fresh Spring air.
(BTW, if you can push yourself away from the bench and get out in the sun a little more you'd have some color in your cheeks.) :)

Thank you Chuck.
Sunlight......I have heard about that. I'll have to give it a try sometime.

Aloha Jake..
how is the weather in Pittsburgh? i hope things going well for you and the family..i ordered another Compass Rose from Rick..i am counting on John to be as good as you Haha..i know he had a great teacher in you and Rick..good luck to you in the future..

i got Macassar Ebony for the tonewood and sinker redwood top..My Koa CR sounds real good thank you for that..
i will keep tabs on you so please let everyone know when you ready to go!

That's a very distinctive upper bout. Censored due to nosy-ass spouse.

Last edited:
Aloha Jake..
how is the weather in Pittsburgh? i hope things going well for you and the family..i ordered another Compass Rose from Rick..i am counting on John to be as good as you Haha..i know he had a great teacher in you and Rick..good luck to you in the future..

i got Macassar Ebony for the tonewood and sinker redwood top..My Koa CR sounds real good thank you for that..
i will keep tabs on you so please let everyone know when you ready to go!

Thanks Len, we are doing great. I'm actually thinking about settling in West Virginia. I think I have a beautiful spot picked out for the new shop.
You ordered another one......good for you. John and I worked together on the last one. He is a wonderful craftsman, and I'm sure it will be fantastic. BTW, you chose a beautiful wood combinations.

Keep in touch buddy.

Jake...You make awesome ukulele! I would love to see you make a Kou ukulele...and a Milo Ukulele...and a figured master grade Koa! If I ever win a lottery I will have you make one! Aloha

Great website!!

Hopefully you can answer this, What is the scale length for the concert ukes?

Thanks nongdam. I don't make concerts, but they are usually around 15" give or take.

Top Bottom