Stagg Uke Strings?

Ipsofacto

Reaction score
I just popped into the local music shop (which isn't my regular one, I usually travel a little further afield to Aarhus, as several of the stores are Kala dealers,. to grab some new Uke strings to try and spruce up the Clifton Sporano I found in a charity shop, only to find they didn't have any Aquila Strings.

What they did have however, was some Staggs. Judging from the Amazon price and that I couldn't find any info on them in the first page or two of searching, I assume they're not great?

I bought them out of curiosity / how cheap they were, but is it even worth restringing a cheap (abiet alright sounding) Uke with cheap strings they could (any probably aren't) any better than the ones already on it? If nobody knows, I'll put them on as an experiment, but any feedback on this would be welcome :)

purely guessing: Stagg ukes are usually at the lower end, somewhere around Makala Dolphins and the like. I would think that the Stagg strings are similar to the original strings on their ukes, so I'd replace them with something better very soon - Aquila, Aurora, Living Water seem to deliver good results on cheap laminate ukes.
Wouldn't really expect much when putting Stagg strings on....

But, as said, this is pure guesswork, not backed by any knowledge.

Stagg make passable guitar stands. Their mike stands are ok too. They have not made anything else of repute and never will.

I would partly disagree! My Stagg tweed pineapple soprano case is awesome. Aside from that, I agree with you.

I've seen a few Stagg ukes in local music stores.
Their cheaper models come with black nylon strings, most likely GHS. The more expensive models come with Aquila strings.

I think the "Stagg" brand strings are just some generic black nylon strings, just like how Mahalo also has generic black nylon strings.
More or less a lot like GHS black strings. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the three of them are all the same string coming from the same factory.
Cheap and mellow-sounding. Not bad quality though, although not particularly loud on a cheap uke.

Probably the best use you can make of them. My first uke was a Stagg laminate and changing the strings helped a lot for the sound.

Top Bottom