The Undie Awards

The 2010 Undies was the last one held and because of the allegations of cheating, it was discontinued. The Undies was a great way to end the year and it was designed to recognize the talent(s) of ukulele players worldwide by their peers and also to perpetuate this wonderful instrument. Unfortunately, a few contestant(s) decided it was in their best interest to change the outcome of the voting. As Ryan said, this was totally disrespectful to the ukulele community and a slap in the face to the UU Staff as they put a lot of effort, money and time into this project. Whether or not it will be revived will be totally at the discretion of the Staff.

Last edited:
I'd love to see it happen again.
If they revive it, I'd suggest the UU staff pick a group of senior members for the award voting to prevent any further jackassery.

They were really fun until bad behavior made them not fun any more. Too bad, too...the guys here work so hard to make this the best community on the web and 99% of the time their work pays off. That 1% when someone decides to act like a brat really saps the spirit.

Keep it up guys - never let the brats get you down! You (UU Staff) are awesome.

Bring 'em back!!

I think the panel idea would work.

I too hope that Ryan, Aaron and Aldrine will reconsider and bring them back this year. Another vote for a selected judging panel from me, that'd do the trick. :)

Panel plus polls. Pols help the panel decide, but not the final word.
also this time the awards should be actual undies.

Back in the days of the Undies, the UU would feature the "video of the week" on the home page. I think this promoted more member videos to be watched by members that otherwise might not be so inclined to search out these videos. And as a result more people would vote that actually had seen the videos. I still remember Anna uk's smurf video as one of my favorites.

In my next season (the anniversary) I might require players to records vids in their undies with naked ukes.

Maybe the hosts of the Seasons contest that year?

I vote to bring back the Undies! There must be a way to limit IP addresses to a certain number of votes, etc.? Panel is another great idea.

Sometimes I play my uke in my undies. I suppose that's not the same.

I miss the Undies, too. :( It was a great way to catch up on the good stuff that comes out of the community here.

I was appalled that with such a community spirit like we have at UU, anyone would try to cheat, or even want to. I just don't see how an award can actually mean anything to someone who had to cheat to get it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom