Can you guys help?

yaya

Reaction score
Hey you guys I have a cheap-o $30 uke right now. It's sufficient and sounds ok. I bought it bc I didn't know how much I was going to LOVE the uke. Now I feel like I have enough love for the instrument to buy a more expensive one.

I'm thinking about getting myself a christmas gift (since i'm my own sugar daddy)

I was wondering if you guys could help me bc I really don't know too much about ukes... I'm thinking my price range is around $100ish.... I dont even know if that'll get me a good uke.

I mean I'm looking for a good one but not a REALLY good one, you know what I mean?

The one I have now doesn't sound right when I pick it or play certain notes... So basically I'm looking for a step up that sounds nice and clean..

Any suggestions??

OHH i also wanted to ask - Is it possible for me to just get new strings to make it sound better?

This post may be better in the "Beginner" section. Use the search function, this question is asked weekly. I don't own any $100 ukes but love my concert fluke as my beach uke. You may be able to find a used uke at a discount, perhaps a Kala.

This is usually what my ukes consist of. A "Good" uke, but not a "really good" uke. haha

I would suggest a Kala or Lanikai

or a little more in the $150ish range, a Fluke (or here) or Flea. I think these are the best for a "good" uke haha I take my fluke around everywhere and don't have to worry about it getting beat up. It's really sturdy. It also gets a lot of attention because of their unique shapes and vibrant colors. As for strings, I recently bought a Flea from ukeguy510 and he had Medium Worth brown (i think?) strings on it and I really like them. The sound is loud (but not too loud like my Aquila strings) and just very nice, in my opinion.

Hope that helps somewhat. :)

always check the sales section on the boards. right now there are a few concert flukes going for $150 (normally $230).

Top Bottom