FS: Pono MC

Status
Not open for further replies.

v30

Reaction score
For sale a Pono MC ukulele. This a solid mahogany concert sized uke. I purchased this new from HMS about 1 year ago. So its not a second and its not an older model/version. Its in very nice condition and was played very little. The only flaw to note is that there are 2 small scratches below the bridge from the (koolau) string ends (see closeup pic of bridge).
When HMS initially set this up they did so with Koolau strings. I don't like these strings so switched it over to martin flourocarbon. I suppose where the koolau strings are so fat and the martin so thin, the A string slot was too deep for the martin A string and it was sitting too low in the slot, so I added a little dab of crazy glue to fill in the slot a bit. The martin string sits in there really well now with good height and no buzzes. If you choose to remove this its a simple and very light pass with a file. I'll include the Koolau strings since I don't like them anyway :) and the uke crazy case and humidifier is also included. $200 + $35 shipping for continental US or $25 shipping for canuckians.
30ush1h.jpg

17wn42.jpg

10d7cih.jpg

Last edited:
why do you tempt me so?

Listening to your playing, one thing that strikes me is how incredibly consistent Ponos are. They all sound great! Ko'olau has some excellent QC.

Good luck with the sale -- someone will be happy with that uke.

I am interested! PM sent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom