tanglewood t-u-3 concert

wallyboy

Reaction score
asked by wife what i want for xmas, i said ukeleue of course LOL,
while looking on net came across tanglewood tu3 concert with hard case instead of diving in and buying, just wondered is it a good uke for price £100, and if anyone has one what do you think was it a good buy,
thanks

I look forward to hearing replies from owners too. I am considering getting a Tanglewood Concert and / or a Tenor as second Ukes, if I get a job I've tendered for this week.

I did play a TU3 Concert briefly in a music store in Liverpool and was impressed. It was certainly the best value for money of those Ukes in its price range on display (which I also tried out... I mean, you have to, don't you?).

I also find the plain wood aesthetic particularly pleasing. Add to that the solid case and it would appear to be a no-brainer. In fact, I'd have bought that TU3 that day if I hadn't been flying home to Catalonia on Easy Jet (they were charging €45 to take an instrument on board - I wouldn't trust baggage handlers with a new instrument, even in a hard case - and you couldn't take any other hand luggage on board! Grrr....

I look forward to hearing replies from owners too. I am considering getting a Tanglewood Concert and / or a Tenor as second Ukes, if I get a job I've tendered for this week.

I did play a TU3 Concert briefly in a music store in Liverpool and was impressed. It was certainly the best value for money of those Ukes in its price range on display (which I also tried out... I mean, you have to, don't you?).

I also find the plain wood aesthetic particularly pleasing. Add to that the solid case and it would appear to be a no-brainer. In fact, I'd have bought that TU3 that day if I hadn't been flying home to Catalonia on Easy Jet (they were charging €45 to take an instrument on board - I wouldn't trust baggage handlers with a new instrument, even in a hard case - and you couldn't take any other hand luggage on board! Grrr....

cheers barbablanca,
after chatting with guy in shop about t-u-3, he has steered me clear of it only because he thinks i would be better to spend a bit more on an upgrade, seems to think i would want to upgrade again, good advice, not sure, i shall do a bit more research, he metioned a ohana, need it to be right decision, dont want to say to wife i want another upgrade dont think she would understand, LOL
atb wallyboy

I have a Tanglewood concert and I love it. It was by far the best sounding uke in the shop when I bought mine, and there were plenty to choose from. I have Living Water strings on it and it sounds wonderful. I won't be looking for another concert. I have the Tanglewood Cove Creek TU 7 XM Well worth the money.

I have a Tanglewood concert and I love it. It was by far the best sounding uke in the shop when I bought mine, and there were plenty to choose from. I have Living Water strings on it and it sounds wonderful. I won't be looking for another concert. I have the Tanglewood Cove Creek TU 7 XM Well worth the money.
thanks barefootgypsy

so many too choose from my brain hurts,LOL.......we have decided the best way to buy one is to go to shop look and play, so we are off to brighton sunday, i feel all excited like a big kid, shop seems to have a good selection will phone them to-morrow for chat, might even end up with a tanglewood who knows

asked by wife what i want for xmas, i said ukeleue of course LOL,
while looking on net came across tanglewood tu3 concert with hard case instead of diving in and buying, just wondered is it a good uke for price £100, and if anyone has one what do you think was it a good buy,
thanks

I bought one for my wife last year same model - she loves it and it's starting to sound better and better the more she plays it, new aquila nyguts made a huge difference too.

I own a Tanglewood acoustic-electric soprano, and tried a few of the other sizes in store.
To me, they're a thumbs up as far as locally available ukes go.

Very cleanly finished, lovely projected sound and look good too.

Compared to many factory-made ukes at their price range, they are definitely up there with some of the best value.

Top Bottom