Mike Pereira Tenor

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltytri

Reaction score
It's time to make some space now that I'm building my own, so I'll be posting a few nice instruments. This is a Style 2 tenor in excellent condition. The particulars of the model can be seen here:

http://mpukuleles.com/Models___Pricing.html

The only flaw is slight strum marks that can't be seen in the photos. Otherwise, a "no issues" instrument that is strung with Worth browns that give it a very clear sound.

Price reduction: $425 plus shipping and insurance

8185666360_f43fe35748_z.jpg

8185666232_6efd059d00_z.jpg

8185666128_8713c004ab_z.jpg

8185627349_104e392cce_z.jpg

Last edited:
Aloha,
Nice uke but I had my eye on another one, you KNOW which one.
Good luck with your sale.......................BO.....................

I've heard that Mike uses a polyurethane but can't vouch for it. The finish is a nice, even satin, though.

This will be a great uke. An amazing deal for what I imagine to be an amazing instrument (should it be anything at all like the one I have). If it was a concert or soprano, i'd snatch it up in a moment.

I've seen a few "looking to buy a better second uke" threads. The ops of those threads should be looking here rather than buying a new factory-made instrument.

good luck with the sale.

Thanks, Jamie. Yes, this is a pretty good deal if it's what a buyer wants. I just want to get a few sold on the quick.

This will be a great uke. An amazing deal for what I imagine to be an amazing instrument (should it be anything at all like the one I have). If it was a concert or soprano, i'd snatch it up in a moment.

I've seen a few "looking to buy a better second uke" threads. The ops of those threads should be looking here rather than buying a new factory-made instrument.

good luck with the sale.
I have this exact model. I have a more expensive tenor, which I also love, but this is a GREAT uke at a good price. I'd buy this if I didn't already have one..Mike told me it was a wipe on poly, so it would be easy to touch up if needed. the cedar is soft so it scratches/ dings easy. but what tone! and a great neck.

That's a lovely price on an amazing sounding instrument. The one you are selling, I'm sure, has lovely sound and intonation, as does all that Michael makes. He strives for perfection, with all natural woods (no plastic inlays, etc.). One look at the instrument, and it's obvious he cares. This same, simply divine model from most other custom luthiers with fancy websites and pull-down menus would cost $1100.

Big fan of Mike Pereira. And an owner.

I slapped a tape on mine just now-- 1 3/8 inch nut.

Or to be exact, 1.404" on this particular one.

Price reduced: now $425 plus shipping and insurance

Jamie:

Your discerning judgment and good taste set the standard. ;)

Note to Bob:

I've responded to all of your emails but it seems that mine aren't getting through. Maybe I'm going to your spam file??

The nut width is 1.4"

I've also just sent you a PM.

Best regards, and I hope that we can connect in spite of the troublesome technology. :)

David

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom