My First Real Video - Strawberry Fields Forever

lennymac

Reaction score
Hi All,

Here's my first real attempt at a youtube performance for you all. It's my arrangement of Strawberry Fields Forever played on my new uke which arrived in Scotland from Hawaii a few weeks ago.

Hope you like it, and all comments welcome!

Aloha from Scotland,

Ross

Last edited:
That was fantastic! Nice playing and singing. Your uke sounds really nice also. Great job, Ross!

Sounds really cool. Congrates on your Kamaka, it got a sweet tone! How much did you get stung for the duty on it.

Well it was approx 23% of cost of uke inc packing, shipping and insurance. The uke was expensive as it was as it is a special order with 3a koa, ebony bridge, headstock plate, fretboard, abalone rosette etc. Worth every penny though!! (Although I won't be in the market for a uke for some time now!)

Great version Ross. Well sung and played.

Curiously, I was playing the song today (on guitar - as part of a farewell lunch) to our head admin lady who is retiring as of today.

Have you by any chance got the TABS for that? I'd love to have a go at learning that version. Me and another Scouse exile here in Catalonia do an Acoustic "Beatles" Tribute and I have been pushing to include more Uke (so far we just do Altogether Now (logically), Honey Pie (which I am convinced was written on a Uke) and For No-one which soudns lovely on a picked low G-tenor.

Strawberry Fields Forever is the kind of song that repays periodic visits, over time, as it seems to have meant something else to me at different phases of my life and my understanding of where John's head was at when he wrote it has changed as I get older too ;)

Great version Ross. Well sung and played.

Curiously, I was playing the song today (on guitar - as part of a farewell lunch) to our head admin lady who is retiring as of today.

Have you by any chance got the TABS for that? I'd love to have a go at learning that version. Me and another Scouse exile here in Catalonia do an Acoustic "Beatles" Tribute and I have been pushing to include more Uke (so far we just do Altogether Now (logically), Honey Pie (which I am convinced was written on a Uke) and For No-one which soudns lovely on a picked low G-tenor.

Strawberry Fields Forever is the kind of song that repays periodic visits, over time, as it seems to have meant something else to me at different phases of my life and my understanding of where John's head was at when he wrote it has changed as I get older too ;)

Thanks for your comments, it is a beautiful song, and it'sonly now listening on headphones to the remastered version that I appreciate how good the arrangement was - it was revolutionary for the time!

Sorry, no tabs I'm afraid, just an arrangement I've been working on for a couple of weeks.

...... it's only now listening on headphones to the remastered version that I appreciate how good the arrangement was - it was revolutionary for the time!

Indeed. Amazing what George Martin achieved in the 66-68 period with quite primitive equipment by today's standards.

Sorry, no tabs I'm afraid, just an arrangement I've been working on for a couple of weeks.

OK. So, can you list the chords you use, in order at least, please?

Chords are as follows:

Chorus: A, Em7, F#7 (can be replaced by a cheeky C#dim), D, F#7, Dmaj7, A

Verse: E, Emaj7, E7, D, Ddim, F#m7, D, E7, A, F#m7, D, E, D, A

Last 'strawberry fields forever' is over Dmaj7, E, D, A

Hope that's helpful!

Really nice. Great sounding uke, great arrangement, and great voice!

WOW- first video? My hundredth didn't sound that good mate. Time for you to come on over and join us in the seasons, nicely played and sung for sure. Keep 'em coming!

WOW- first video? My hundredth didn't sound that good mate. Time for you to come on over and join us in the seasons, nicely played and sung for sure. Keep 'em coming!

Thanks for you comments! Appreciated!!

What are the seasons? I've seen people talk of them but not sure what they are!

Thanks!

Thanks for all your comments good people of UU, to use a particularly Scottish phrase, I'm well chuffed!!

Top Bottom