Cello & Ukulele - another Ukulollo and Craig Chee Collab!

Craig Chee

Reaction score

It's been 13 years since I touched a cello... was extremely nervous to attempt to play one again after all this time but I think it turned out okay! Thank you to the Watkin family for hosting Lorenzo and I, and for allowing me to use your beautiful cello!

Hope you enjoy!
Aloha,
C

Last edited:
Very nice video. Love the cello and uke together. Thanks!

–Lori

Fun, Fabulous, & beautiful location too! (or was that a very large VIRTUAL orchard behind U, Lollo?!) And for that matter, was Craig even "there" with U? LOL!

Craig, fabulous duet! You and Lorenzo make a wonderful team.

What a wonderful combination in a great setting... Loved it, the singing, the cello and uke together and the background... The sound was excellent for being outdoors....how did you get such a clear, rich recording?

Wonderful!

We go on a fiddle and cello course, in Spain, every year taught by the amazing Alasdair Fraser and Natalie Haas. This little video gives you some idea of where Natalie has taken Cello accompaniment of "folk" music. Craig should come and join us one year! (Alasdair & Natalie also do fiddle camps in Scotland and California too - but ours is a unique mix of musics from Iberia and the Celtic fringes). And you should come too. I'm sure we could persuade the guitar and bouzouki teacher to include the Uke in the mix ;)

yay i have some time to reply and check out other videos! yes, the location was at an actual walnut orchard where we were staying and recorded the audio the night before in the living room then sync'ed it up with the video the next day :)

as much as i'd love to continue working on the cello (and really fell in love with it again after playing it for the song) i don't think i could afford to spend any more time on another instrument as the ukulele already takes 4-9 hours of my day... maybe one day when i retire :p

hope you all had an amazing thanksgiving!

Top Bottom