Ukulele Documentary " Apanhei-te cavaquinho"

fabioponta

Reaction score
Hello friends,
I found this part 4 of the documentary "Apanhei-te cavaquinho" 'Gotcha cavaquinho' (59 mim), presented in 2011 by RTP2 portuguese television channel, conducted by the Brazilian cavaquinist Henrique Cazes and dedicated to the brasilian Cavaquinho and Ukulele ace and its origins in the Portuguese cavaquinho by the Portuguese emigration from the nineteenth to the islands of Hawaii. Only the first 4 minutes are in Portuguese.
This is almost one hour of ukulele story and music with great uke players:
Roy and Kathy Sakuma,
Frank and Leslie Nunes,
Herb Ohta,
Kalei Gamiao,
Jake and Bruce Shimabukuro,
Victoria Vox,
Taimane Gardner and
Sophie Madeleine.

Hope you enjoy!

Thankyou so much Fabio, blessings mate. will be watching tonight

What a pure delight! I didn't want it to end. So many highlights. I loved Ohta San's approach to strumming and picking using his thumb; I loved the kids' Ukulele Orchestra; the trip around the factory; everything!!!

Super, life-affirming documentary. And aren't the Hawaiians a beautiful people?

And I also loved Henriques' Brazilian Portuguese, I understood about 60% of it, which is about 50% more than any other Brazilian I've ever met ;)

Ow man, obrigado for sharing your impression! I'm also loved the interviews, with uke history infos that I never found in any video or book.:agree: with your impression about Henrique: he talk portuguese very well.

Oh, what a wonderful video! Thanks a "bunch" for sharing it!

Terrific movie---so much ukulele history and so much history of Portugese emmigrants to Hawaii---all told through terrific music. What a great film. Obrigato!

Thanks for sharing!

Top Bottom