Kamaka and Koaloha neck profile

LOVEAGOODUKE

Reaction score
Can any one tell me the differences in neck shapes ie slim chunky etc of the Kamaka Koaloha and Kanilea Concerts?I have been studying videos but its quite difficult to see sometimes.
Thank you.

Kamaka and KoAloha are slighter thicker front to back (profile) than Kanilea. The Kanilia has a somewhat wider fretboard - a little more space between strings.

Does that mean the Kanilea is easier to play ie bar chords?

Learning to barre chords is just like any other technique on the uke - it is practice and time. It is all personal preference as to what is a more comfortable and easy to use neck shape and profile.

Thanks for all that.I,ve just seen Ken Middleton,s review of the Concert Kanilea.That uke has a particularly shallow neck making bar chords much easier to hold down.

My Kanile'a Tenor has one of the nicest necks of ANY instrument I've ever played (and that's a LOT!). Nice and wide, and beautifully slim from fingerboard to the back of the neck. The back of the neck near the headstock is also very flat, which feels fantastic. Makes a huge difference to my playing...I'm only slightly s**t now, instead of totally.

Buy a vintage martin if you prefer a slim and fast neck profile.....they would cost about the same as a new K brand.....and might be alot sweeter too if you get the right one....Good Luck
Also they will hold their value as much or even better than a K brand....

Thanks for all that. i don,t want a vintage instrument though-potentially too many problems.I like the idea of a really good concert.I have 2 tenors but need to play more in the local store to make sure i,m alright with a concert.I definately am not ok with a soprano but the concert feels pretty good.......i think.Need to get along soon and make sure i know what i want.The Kanilea concert souds so nice.I have tenors so it seems logical to investigate the concert.
Thanks for all the input.

Top Bottom