PDA

View Full Version : WTB Tenor Ukulele (details inside)

fuzzy elfe
11-15-2012, 05:39 AM
So I figured I'd just put it out there, because I have some pretty specific things I'm looking for. Just on the off chance someone has exactly what I want.

Tenor
Koa back/sides
Spruce top
Slotted headstock

I am not in a position to buy new/custom-built right now, so I'm hoping someone somewhere in the UU community has one of these bad boys laying around.

Cheers

Oh yeah, I'd like to spend +/- $500, so I'm looking for quality without going super high end. Also, I'm CONUS for what it's worth.

fuzzy elfe
11-15-2012, 09:20 AM
For what it's worth, I'm also open to variations on these things. It's sorta my dream sheet, but I'm definitely still in the market for a tenor ukulele of quality build and competitive second-hand price. Thanks

GKK
11-16-2012, 05:58 AM
Pono's Rosewood Tenor Slot Head (RTSH), has a Spruce top and is probably the closest match to what you want without going custom. It's $869 though and used would be around $700 if you were lucky enough. http://www.theukulelesite.com/pono-rtsh-rosewood-tenor-slothead-spruce-top.html

The Slot Heads are a rare feature to find.

fuzzy elfe
11-16-2012, 06:46 AM
Thanks for that - I've actually put in a deposit with a custom builder and am starting to figure out exactly what specs I want. It won't be done for a long time, so I'm just going to pick something else up until then. I'm considering a KoAlana concert from HMS - but I might also just keep scouring the UU Marketplace til I find a killer deal.

Thanks for the lead on the Pono, though.