kala tie dye ukulele ?

UkuleleHan96

Reaction score
This is from their ukadelic line. I can tell you that whenever I go to Sam Ash to fool around with their ukes, I always think about buying the Americana Ukadelic. But then I play it, and quickly put it back. Half of what you're paying is for the graphics.
Fleas/Flukes have great graphics and by all accounts sound a ton better than the particular Kala you're looking at.

I just ordered a Tie Dye Flea the other day.

Waiting patiently for NUD...

Scooter

http://www.ukulelecorner.org.uk/home/in-the-corner/soprano-or-standard/kala-ukedelic here is a link to the one that lives at Ukulele corner. I really should right a better review there but to be honest its not that much better than a Makala Dolphin to play or sound wise (but it does look quite spectacular) for the same sort of money you could get a Mainland Gecko or a Luna Tattoo, both of which also look good and are i my opinion better sounding

I have a Tie Dye Kala, and it is great looking in person. Not the best sounding Kala I have. For novelty, the Kala Kiwi I have sounds much better. I actually prefer the Makala Dolphin with Aquila strings to the Kala Tie Dye. On some of these low end ukes, the quality control is a little loose. Sometimes getting a good one is hit or miss.

–Lori

I have a Tie Dye Kala, and it is great looking in person. Not the best sounding Kala I have. For novelty, the Kala Kiwi I have sounds much better. I actually prefer the Makala Dolphin with Aquila strings to the Kala Tie Dye. On some of these low end ukes, the quality control is a little loose. Sometimes getting a good one is hit or miss.

–Lori

I agree with that. Also Lardy's comment about there being better sounding ukes. I've been happy enough with mine with aquila strings and luck I guess. These are just for fun and not for open mic.(;

Top Bottom