FS: Pono MT (Mahogany Tenor) - like new condition with hard shell case

Status
Not open for further replies.

wendellfiddler

Reaction score
Used very little, about four months old. Nice faux alligator hard shell case with Hygrometer. Currently strung with Aquila (high G). Will include another set of those + a set of DGBE (high D) Aquilas and one Aquila wound low G string.

Perfect setup, action just right, sounds great and is especially good with the low G if you like that. Satin finish, solid mahogany. Very nice.
$350 with shipping CONUS or discount $30 for pick up in Western Mass.

Doug Tanner
P1140088.jpgP1140093.jpgP1140091.jpgP1140089.jpg

I wish I had the cash. I have a pono concert that I bought used and love the mellow tone. Is this tenor mellow too? I bet it will go fast! Why are you letting it go?

Very mellow, but loud and strong as well. I have a couple of others - higher end ukes - this one is the odd one out and I'm raising some cash for other musical stuff. I try not to accumulate just for the sake of it - something comes in, something goes out. I sometimes lose a little money, but I don't wind up owning a warehouse :)

Doug

That's a superb price on a fantastic instrument.

Just curious, but are there different versions of Pono MT out there? I ask because isn't this available new from HMS for $339? If so, calling this a superb price seems like a bit of a stretch. I only ask because I'm definitely interested in this ukulele, but the price seems steep if I am understanding this correctly.

Just curious, but are there different versions of Pono MT out there? I ask because isn't this available new from HMS for $339? If so, calling this a superb price seems like a bit of a stretch. I only ask because I'm definitely interested in this ukulele, but the price seems steep if I am understanding this correctly.

The Pono MT is currently $339.00 on theukulelesite.com. It sells for $417.00 at Maple St. Guitars.

Price at HMS is just the uke, doesn't include case of any kind and shipping is extra unless you get the order up over $400 domestic.

The hard shell case (no case is included with the MT) which is a better sort of hard shell, is about $80 - then there's shipping. I guess if this is available somewhere for $339 plus case and shipping then my price is basically shipping and case free. I believe I paid $350 plus the case and sales tax - about $450 total.

Doug Tanner

As of 11/17 this is on hold until after Thanksgiving. I'm closing the thread for now. If it becomes available again after the holiday I'll re-post it.

Thanks,

Doug Tanner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom