New uke in making

ogah

Reaction score
As some of you may have seen a couple pictures of this uke in the market subforum here.

Kris Barnett is building this one and it will be done in about 2 weeks.

I just got these pictures from Kris today and I can't help but share how beautiful this uke is...

Since I pretty much plunged into buying this uke after seeing only two pictures of the head plate and the back side of body, I didn't even know this one has the most gorgeous snakewood rosette or a different wood for soundboard.. which is absolutely pleasant surprise..

From these pictures, I am really excited to see the attention to detail Kris is putting into his instrument!! I have long been wanting a MB uke and still do but you know how it is with Chuck's haha.. However, I do believe Kris is building as great looking uke as Chuck's from the looks of it..

I can't wait to see this monster in a couple weeks.. this would mean alot for me!

back.jpgbottom.jpgfront.jpgwhole.jpg

Wow ogah. That is verrrry impressive. Cedar or spruce top? I count twelve frets to the body, 19 overall. Is it a concert or a tenor?

Just stunning. Great craftsmanship. I will be very curious to get your impressions of how it sounds.

Top Bottom