Second Year Already

808boy

Reaction score
Aloha,
I became a UU member 2 years ago as a result of my re-interest in the Ukulele after many decades. Growing up in Hawaii, I was immersed in the Culture like most local kids and wanted to learn the instrument that the Kupunas (Elders) played. My neighborhood (Kalihi Valley Homes) consisted of many kids and we all learned from each other as well from our Kupunas. I started at 9 or 10 years of age eager to learn but wained from time to time. Of course, the guitar took over at 12 years old as it was replacing the uke as a "Chick Magnet", lol. What a great time to be playing songs by the Ventures and Duane Eddy, I was a Rock Star before that term was coined up (early 60s).
While going through a "rough spot" in my life, UU became my Ohana, my place of solitude. I have made great friends here and will remain that way forever, you know who you are. Without you, I would have been lost trying to find my way to the path of healing. For that, Mahalo Bigtime.
I've been spending less time here as I normally do and maybe I need a break. So with that, see ya!.................................BO....................

Thanks for sharing your story, and best wishes as you take a break and view things in new ways. We want you to come back when you're ready.

Best wishes, Ginny

Ho Brah, two years awready? I know what you mean about takin one break . . . gotta do what chu gotta do. Wit da Holidays comin up, little bit hahd time tryin to get off. Jus keep in touch anyway you can. Latahs!

Ho Brah, two years awready? I know what you mean about takin one break . . . gotta do what chu gotta do. Wit da Holidays comin up, little bit hahd time tryin to get off. Jus keep in touch anyway you can. Latahs!

Aloha Bruddah Danny,
I think Bruddah Bo stay all hu hu wit all da slide remarks on here now...and needs a break...no blame da bruddah.. I hope da bruddah come back....he is one of da nicest guy here....
@ Aloha Bruddah Bo, hope you cool off and come back soon when you ready....I gonna miss your posts here....take care and we still gonna talk on the phone brah...your friend, Stan

Last edited:
hey Bo, thanks for filling us in on the back pages mate. And most of all thankyou for YOUR friendship to so many of us and for sharing your joy and passion for the uke. Take care Bruddah and don't stay away too long.

Top Bottom