Da Silva Ukulele's

Timbuck

Reaction score
Are these now made to specification by others..and Has Mr Da Silva retired or what :(..on the latest website all I can find is a company who sells these da Silva designs and uses phrases such as We! and Our! :confused:
See here http://www.ukemaker.com/ukemaker.php

My understanding is that Mike is still making the ukes himself.

Mike was going to move to Hawaii and join building forces with some others, but wound up staying in Berkeley after going through a lot of upheaval. But he's in the game, doing workshops and club meetings at his shop, and he looks to be doing great. He's a very fine and creative builder.

My understanding is that Mike is still making the ukes himself.

I had the opportunity to talk to Mike before the Aldrine/Aaron & Craig Chee show about a month ago. The show was at his shop and Mike said he's still a one-man operation and there was also a lovely stack of "James Hill" models in various stages of the build.

I inquired about taking a build class with him and received an answer . . . now I just need to find funding:)

So yeah . . . he's still in business and makes them himself.

Thank God for that !..I thought some millionaire businessman had come along made him an offer he couldn't refuse..and bought his name and design's and started production on a big scale with Mike kept on as a sleeping director and advisor.....Thats what should happen to me, I could live with that :rolleyes:

Top Bottom