Poor customer service? Your opinion please

Status
Not open for further replies.

barrybush

Reaction score
Last week I ordered a new baritone uke from a well known Hawaii music store, that I have purchased from before. I had them put in a pickup. I paid for 2 day FedEx AM delivery. When I received the tracking info, it clearly stated they had till 7 pm to deliver. I was to leave at noon going out of town is the reason I paid extra. I emailed the store and was told they did not specify am delivery but they would make a call to FedEx. Long story short, I had to postpone my trip waiting on the uke which came in around 2;30 pm. I emailed the store suggesting they should refund the extra or send me some strings. Several days have passed and no word back. Am I expecting too much?

Did you get the complaint to store owner/whoever handle your order directly?
My only opinion is you should go to them first.

Last week I ordered a new baritone uke from a well known Hawaii music store, that I have purchased from before. I had them put in a pickup. I paid for 2 day FedEx AM delivery. When I received the tracking info, it clearly stated they had till 7 pm to deliver. I was to leave at noon going out of town is the reason I paid extra. I emailed the store and was told they did not specify am delivery but they would make a call to FedEx. Long story short, I had to postpone my trip waiting on the uke which came in around 2;30 pm. I emailed the store suggesting they should refund the extra or send me some strings. Several days have passed and no word back. Am I expecting too much?

is the store really responsible for this? It could be everything on their end happened the way it was supposed to, and FedEx just messed up, as they are wont to do.

I wouldn't jump to conclusions and possibly scar a good business. Even if it is the fault of the store, it sounds like one of those missunderstanding things, and probably an honest mistake. Sucks ya had to postpone a trip and have some inconvenience, but give them time to respond. They may not respond so quick so they can look into it and find out what happened before they respond to you. Maybe sending you a set of strings is a small price to pay for the slip, and I am sure they wouldn't mind doing that. Just give them time to figure it out and work it out. When they work it out, just move on... Hope you got to go on your trip none the less..

Just got a call from the store. They saw the post and apologized for the mix-up and delay. One person thought some one else was handling it. Honest mistake, no problem. This was my second uke purchase from them and I will continue to shop their website first for future purchases.

Just got a call from the store. They saw the post and apologized for the mix-up and delay. One person thought some one else was handling it. Honest mistake, no problem. This was my second uke purchase from them and I will continue to shop their website first for future purchases.

I have sent stuff from Oahu to Clevland MS...and i used USPS express Mail it got there on the 2nd day by noon just like they said..

Excellent! I knew Ukulele Pua Pua would come through for you. LOL

oh Steve, you're so naughty and mischievous...he he. I bet you terrorized your poor teachers at school. :rolleyes:

Glad things have been resolved for the better Barry.

How can you blame the store for whether you get it on time with mail service....there is so many factors there too,....like flights delay etc...
no sense going public and ruining the reputation on the store.......I would never do that......Glad they were so understanding....
I would never schedule things so close when things can be unpredictable... don't you think you overreacted a little there Barry?
Me myself I would be apoligizing....for sure...but that's me.....Glad you got your uke...Happy Strummings....
Sorry if I was too straight forward and honest....:)

Last edited:

lol, tyler says he's really sorry. jk, it was us, and it was bad. I could run through all the events that made that go wrong but I will spare everyone and just give my sincerest apologies, that must have sucked. were gonna send some swag as a gesture, I am sure you would have rather just made your appointment. thanks for your kind forgiveness barry

I am glad things have been resolved. :)

But IMO, when you pay extra for priority AM delivery and you don't get it, you absolutely have the right to expect to be refunded for the extra charge if it was the shop's error in shipping instructions.

yes, of course. and it shouldn't take a thread for this stuff, just call my cell (808)781-9168 the store is (808)622-8000 Joel is (808)783-3588 and Zach in shipping and refunding is (808)783-3696 or email zach@ or andrew@theukulelesite.com. we want everyone to have the best experience with us which is always in everyone's best interest. when that falls short we try to make up for it and of course credit any difference with shipping stuff like this. great point itsme, always a pleasure

The issue raised is obvious, the points made have been clear. Andrew has addressed the concerns with equal clarity. Any further discussion required can take place privately between buyer and seller. Issue resolved.

Besides, it's past this thread's bedtime...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom