Kumalae vintage v new....

Feltrums

Reaction score
Hi all, just seen the 'new' Kumalae range of laminated ukuleles.
Not that pleased that a company is using the Kumalae name to sell new laminated ukuleles.
With restoring and collecting genuine Kumalae Ukuleles, which are as light as a feather, solid Koa, Hawaiian made with a great sound and easy to play, the new ones made in California seem to me to be a bit of a insult.....
It may just be me, but its like putting a 'Nunes' sticker on a mahalo...

Last edited:
Guess_what_nobody_cares.jpg

Hi all, just seen the 'new' Kumalae range of laminated ukuleles.
Not that pleased that a company is using the Kumalae name to sell new laminated ukuleles.
With restoring and collecting genuine Kumalae Ukuleles, which are as light as a feather, solid Koa, Hawaiian made with a great sound and easy to play, the new ones made in Canada seem to me to be a bit of a insult.....
It may just be me, but its like putting a 'Nunes' sticker on a mahalo...

Get this one...http://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/msg/3395191117.html

I think the company marketing them is in CA, but the ukes themselves are from China. If they were US-made, they'd probably be much more expensive. But yes, it sucks. Did you see the vid when MGM tried to meet them at NAMM? No one was home.

This is where you should have posted this and not on the poor sellers thread of selling hers. You should be ashamed!!

This is where you should have posted this and not on the poor sellers thread of selling hers. You should be ashamed!!

And that sucks way harder! Dude, seriously?

Edit - read the thread. Are witch-hunts ok in the Marketplace? It's not the first one I've seen there. The claws really come out in that forum. I'm glad she was able to sell the uke over all that signal to noise, Kahuna's pic makes total sense now. Great first 2 posts, op.

Last edited:
They way people here post negative stuff about Martin's latest uke...
...many haven't played one, or are set out to hate them...
... I'd now only believe what I hear with my own ears.
OTOH laminated Islanders might actually be the best thing since sliced bread.

Top Bottom