Mainland Concert Mahogany

Status
Not open for further replies.

LifesShort

Reaction score
As a one ukulele owner, I decided that I needed another one. Since my uke is a tenor, I thought I should try a different size. About 3 months ago, I went to visit Mike at UkeRepulic and bought this beautiful Mainland Concert Mahogany uke. I have now decided that I like playing tenor sized ukuleles better than concert size. I just can't get used to the smaller size of the concert.

So I am selling the Mainland. It is in excellent condition. There aren't any dings or dents. The only blemishes I can find are extremely light scratches that you get just from normal playing. These cannot be seen unless the light reflects off of it just right and you are very close to the instrument. The instrument is absolutely beautiful and sounds wonderful. The ukulele is made of solid mahogany and has chrome tuners with ebony buttons that are very smooth working. The nut and saddle are both made of bone. It has nice rope rosette and purfling. The fretboard and bridge are made of rosewood. It is strung with Aquila Nylguts. This ukulele was set up by Mike at UkeRepublic and was done perfectly. It has a nice, low action without any buzzing.

I got a great deal at $209, but will sell for $185 with FREE shipping. This is a great opportunity to get a terrific ukulele in mint condition for an equally great price.

Although I visit UU daily, I seldom post. However, you can check my eBay rating. My eBay user name is scooter-p.

Thanks for looking,

Scott

I don't know what the light spot is on the top, lower bout just above the sign. It doesn't normally look like that. I guess it's just the way the wood grain in that spot photographed.

IMG_2774.jpg

IMG_2801.jpg

IMG_2794.jpg

IMG_2783.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, what happened to your original post? I can't find it and I was watching this item.

Interesting... Early today it didn't show the pictures or description but now it does. My son may be interested in this uke, I am waiting to hear back from him.

Man, if I wasn't already saving up money for a Donaldson concert...

Dan

Christmas is coming soon! Wouldn't you like a beautiful Mainland under your tree?

Interested, need more info

I've tried to send you a PM but I guess I'm too new on this board to have that privilege. I have an interest in your uke for sale. This will be for my wife who is a beginner but I want to get her a decent instrument so she doesn't loose interest quickly with something that sounds bland and won't stay in tune.

With the bright flash from your camera it's hard to tell if the finish is gloss or flat, or the color of the wood in regular light. Any issues with the intonation? Does it come with a case? Other than size, is there anything about this particular uke that you don't care for (i.e. tone preference; neck feel, volume, etc.)?

Where are you located? If you want to check me out you can look on eBay and Acoustic Guitar Forum under the same user name. I'm new here but not a scammer.

I've tried to send you a PM but I guess I'm too new on this board to have that privilege. I have an interest in your uke for sale. This will be for my wife who is a beginner but I want to get her a decent instrument so she doesn't loose interest quickly with something that sounds bland and won't stay in tune.

With the bright flash from your camera it's hard to tell if the finish is gloss or flat, or the color of the wood in regular light. Any issues with the intonation? Does it come with a case? Other than size, is there anything about this particular uke that you don't care for (i.e. tone preference; neck feel, volume, etc.)?

Where are you located? If you want to check me out you can look on eBay and Acoustic Guitar Forum under the same user name. I'm new here but not a scammer.

Replied to your PM. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom