Back from the South Pacific with many new friends

quiltingshirley

Reaction score
We took a 28 day cruise from Los Angeles to the South Pacific and back. We took our ukes just in case they gave some lessons or we could find others to jam with. Well, they did give the Intro lessons at the first of the trip and we found several other who either were "beginners" like us or really good, long time players. We started getting together at 9AM and playing for an hour or so. In Tahiti a performer who primarily sang and played the guitar (Trevor Knight from Australia), showed up and joined us. We even sometimes found time to play twice a day. (Had to find an area where we didn't disturb folks). I've posted a video on youtube of us playing on our last sea day. We're just jamming away having a great time. I'd post it here but it took me forever to even get it on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlzT5GDoV2g&feature=youtu.be
The title is Sapphire Princess Uke Jam Session

Aloha Shirley,
Thank you for sharing...looks like a rocking time...which one is you....love dat song....

So the cruise line supplied ukuleles?!

I wonder if Cunard would do the same on their transatlantic voyages on the QM2. I'd offer to be the instructor in return for an inside cabin upgrade....

Last edited:
Cruise line provided ukes only for the Beginning lessons, and only during the lessons. Folks either had them or got so hooked they picked one up while they were in Hawaii or the ship store (Hawaii was better. They now dock further down main street, not Aloha Tower. That means you cross the street, walk 2 blocks and you're at the Kamaka Factory!) First time I've tried to post a video, glad it was actually there when you looked.

Top Bottom