MY first original:)

J-dawg5

Reaction score

Hey guys i finally uploaded it. Sorry for the Wait who saw my post about 2 weeks ago. well anyways my first all original all instrumental.

Hope you guys like it. please tell me what you think. i've only been playing for about 11 months now i'm open on how to get better.
thanks! :shaka:

I think its awesome kid, you did a fine job. I especially like the opening riff.
Shame everyone is too busy wasting their time in that ridiculous marketplace
Thread to notice. Thanks for posting it.

Last edited:
Good job! Reminds me some of Kalei Gamiao...

Wow!, so talented. It's amazing what can be done on the ukulele.
This is not your father's Oldsmobile...

Keep up the great work! :D I hope I can get that good in a year!

Oh, and is that the All solid acacia tenor from Kala?

Great riff and some well displayed influences. I'll have to give it another few listens. Maybe once its hooked into my head I'll be inspired to write some words for it ;)

If I had to say anything critical, I'd say the arrangement tries too hard to cover too many bases and risks losing the essence of the riff and the melody as it gets a bit baroque. But that might be just what other people enjoy about this piece.

The main thing is keep creating. I'd advise any young composer to write like there is no tomorrow. Produce a hundred pieces before you're 18 (or more) - don't try and home the one song into perfection. Perfection doesn't exist. If you produce a hundred pieces you'll probably find thirty will be good, thirty will be OK and thirty will be mediocre.... the remaining ten will be wonderful! Go for it!

Top Bottom