Anyone with Stagg tenor case experience?

ogah

Reaction score
The hard case I use for my KoAloha tenor is extremly tight especially over the head area... So I am thinking about getting another case for it. I like the looks of Tweed cases, so decided to web browse for one. Amazon has Stagg Tweed case, but even when it's tagged as Tenor, the picture it has on is a pineapple soprano case. On top of it, one of the reviews states it is a soprano case thus making it all too confusing and I can't even find the dimensions..

If anyone has a stagg tweed tenor case, would it fit a KoAloha tenor?

Last edited:
Is it from Austin Bazaar? I ordered a Stagg tenor tweed from them last year and they sent me what must have been a baritone, because it was waaay too big for a tenor. I contacted them, and they said there was a screwup in shipping things to amazon and they were going to recall them, since they had no control once things were in the amazon fulfillment pipeline. They dawdled, I sent it back and ended up buying a polyfoam case instead.

Anyway, Austin Bazaar has them on their own site now for considerably cheaper than amazon.

It's listed as sold by Amazon.. doh.. I guess I better look for something else.. Love Ameritage but way too heavy..

I bought one some time ago for my Makapili Hinoki top.
It's a very nice case, it is not heavy. It has plenty of room for the instrument - even my Ogata, which is quite big instrument for a tenor - fits in. I think KoAloha tenor would fit without any problerms.

If it's sold by Amazon, then returning it should be easy and they should be pretty fast about it. I have a friend who has the tenor size (but for a Baton Rouge Tenor) and it is a nice case though it looks gynormous.

Maybe look at Elderly, you can call them and ask someone to measure the case. Here's one for a bit cheaper: http://elderly.com/accessories/items/GVUC-TEN.htm

I just recently got my tweed tenor case from Amazon.
I actually didn't really look at the ad pic...
...and yes, I received a tenor case. A very pleasant surprise was that it fit the extra long headstock of my 8-string Pono in addition to the tenor I bought it for.

I'll speak at least to the build of the Stagg cases - I have a Stagg baritone tweed case for my tenor Ovation (because the Ovation tenor is *huge* for a tenor, the baritone case leaves a few inches past the headstock and just *barely* fits the body), and thus far I've found it to be a nice case. It's nice and plush inside, has a useful (though not huge) compartment under the neck, seems sturdy, and looks really nice. I have no reason to think the tenor case would be any different in those regards.

Top Bottom