PDA

View Full Version : Playing X song on Ukulele?

fusiomax
11-19-2012, 04:46 AM
So essentially I want to learn a few different songs, but I tend to come across one of a few different problems, sometimes I just can't find tabs for it, sometimes the tabs I can find have frets in it that my Ukulele just doesn't have, or the tabs just plain are bad (though could be my ability to play, though i tend to at least be able to hear the song when I'm playing badly).

So I want to learn to play, Naruto Sadness and Sorrow, I can only find one set of tabs (by seeso) of which half is missing from the thread, and the half that is there goes out of the range of my Uke.

Well no problem then, let's find some sheet music :D

Um okay, so what do I do with this...

So essentially can I just pick up the sheet and learn to read and play it, or do I need to translate the sheet at all? Can I translate it to tabs, or is there an easier way?

For instance you can find Sadness and Sorrow sheet on Ichigo's, but what do I do with it? It seems to be Piano sheet primarily, which I assume can't be played directly on Ukulele, so I would need to translate it some how, how can I do this?

If you made it this far through my slight ramblings, thank you. Any information you guys can provide would be really helpful!

fusiomax

seeso
11-19-2012, 10:03 AM
Oh man, I keep forgetting to look for that song on my hard drive! Sorry... :(

In answer to your question, here's another question. How is your music theory? It's got to be pretty good to be able to arrange an instrumental ukulele piece, especially one that's of the caliber of "Sadness and Sorrow."

There's no easy way around this. You just have to learn theory and keep chopping away.

fusiomax
11-19-2012, 10:14 AM
So... Music theory it is, atleast there is a good thread on it here, and I can go from that....

*Smacks head against table*

Oh god I'm never gonna do this!

ukemunga
11-19-2012, 10:44 AM
If you can find your song on Chordie.com you can choose to have it shown in ukulele chords and also automatically transpose to any key.