NAMM Show Anaheim Ca

Hoosier: Yes I will definitely be there in January.

The NAMM Show Anaheim is the place to be if you have any involvement with or within the Music Industry. Almost every musical manufacturer from Kazoo's to $100,000 guitars make the trek to Anaheim each year. Which also includes a slew of new ukulele manufacturers and many seasoned companies who make ukulele products. I have been coming to this show for many years but I can say the last 3 years the ukulele has really made it's mark. I have seen more companies show up with more ukulele stuff for display and a lot more ukulele builders. About +80, 000 potential store buyers from around the world pass through the 4 day event. Many major performing artists show and make guest appearances to sign autographs, play mini concerts and promote products. Along with them comes there following of groupies which can be a scene in itself.

The evening party / concert scene is unbelievable. If you ever want to run into some famous rock stars, head over to the Hilton Anaheim Lobby on the Friday or Saturday night.

Unfortunately The NAMM show is not open to the general public, it is geared strictly for music merchants and the entry door security have been pretty vigilant on checking I.D's with badge names. Although on some days, you would dare to differ.

Since I already know Ke Leo is awesome at video taping everything, it would be cool if he can get in to take some footage to show the board updates and new products from NAMM. Unless the boyz from UU are thinking about making the trek over in January.

If you want to read some past NAMM info and product review for ukuleles. You might want to search "NAMM" on some of the ukulele BB's on the internet.

We are going.I've just started my own ukulele company,Mainland Ukes.We should be up and running next month.I don't think we will set-up a booth at NAMM,but we plan to rub elbows and have some fun.I'll have a few of our new ukes there too.Maybe we can plan a little uke jam.

I have had tickets the last 2 years. Unfortunately I have been deployed, maybe I will make it out this year! My buddy Derick Sebastian is going to be playing out there this year I believe.

Bruddah Mark - Sorry Bra, won't be able to make the annual trek there in January - maybe next, next year.

However, I'm working on a project with John Kitakis right now, and he plans on displaying it at NAMM. Swing by his booth, which should be just up from yours if its the same place, and check it out.

I heard from Rick Turner that they're not going to do a Renaissance booth either, but he will be there with D-TAR and that booth - guess Barry Pearlman may not make it either, so no Thai food for us in January.

-Aaron

Shootz Aaron. Brah, No show this time yah? Will miss hanging out with you. Definitely I will drop by the Ko'olau booth to check it out and the new stuff. I may be in Honolulu for a few days just before NAMM. I give you a shout, for reals.

elburritoloco- Yah Derick is flying into San Diego earlier in the week and will be staying at my hale. He will be conducting a workshop/mini-concert on Wednesday with Frank LeLong & the Moonlight Beach Ukulele Strummers in Encinitas, (30 min north of San Diego) from 6pm - 7:30. At 8:00 pm he will rush back down to SD for a special guest appearance at Jr. Seau's -RawMana Sushi Lounge. Thursday-Sunday he will be up in Anaheim for the NAMM show where he will be performing at the booths of his many sponsors. Derick is a phenomenal ukulele player and a extremely humble musician. If you have the chance, come meet and see him play.

hoos- see you there within the mass chaos. I will be at the Case Extreme Booth off and on throughout the days and likely in/out of Mi-Si Electronics. Stop by.

Sounds good - my friend Ramon is coming back next week from Virginia, and should be here for a while. We can go check out Led (if you're here on a Friday or Sunday), he may let you try his new `ukulele. You can definitely give Ramon's a run - that "Martin" style may suite you well.

Call me before you get in - Happy Thanksgiving to all!

-Aaron

Top Bottom