Happy uke !!! made a BIG jump

patico

Reaction score
After a long wait, finally arrived from USA to Easter Island my new Collings Mahogany Tenor.
Thanks to Steve, from Acoustic Music Works.

It is perfect, has a flawless construction, very beautiful n nice sounding.
the neck is slightly radiused, absolutely comfortable.

here's a sample vid

Sounds very nice!

Aloha Patico,
Congrats on your new UTI mahogany....Try some Fleurocarbons bruddah...nice playing and sounds great....happy strummings..

Congratulations on the new uke Patico! It sounds terrific! Have fun with it.

thanks for your words !!!

stan, which fluorocarbons would you suggest?

Great uke -- congrats. Nice playing, too.

I'll jump in on Stan's suggestion: Southcoasts suit my mahogany soprano really, really nicely.

Cheers.

Congratulations on your new uke! Nice playing, too! I had the chance to play a friend's new Collings tenor recently at my every-other-Sunday ukulele meetup, and it sounded wonderful and was a pleasure to play. As for strings, for what it's worth (no pun intended), I've been very happy with Worth clears on my Kamaka tenor. Also, you may be interested in this thread about strings for a Collings UC-2.

Last edited:
Amazing ukulele,amazing playing, and Easter island. Good stuff.

Nice playing and nice uke.

That's one of the few Collings that I've heard that I think maybe the Aquilas aren't such a bad match for - or maybe it's because of the style you're playing. Flamenco tends to be kind of percusive and Aquilas do that well.

On the other hand, if you're looking for really sweet "bell-like" tone I have to echo Stan, try some fluorocarbons.

John

congrats.. Love my Collings too.. you play yours much bettah than I play mine!

Hi UUers
thanks to everybondy for their kind words.

i'll try some suggestions on the strings, cause i've seen that by my way of playin, some strings do not suit me perfect.

bye, gotta keep playin.....

I know Aquilas aren't the most popular around here for some reason, and I know that nylgut isn't stereotypically the best match to mahogany in general... but I think those strings suit that style. If that's what you play, then keep those strings! :)

I know Aquilas aren't the most popular around here for some reason, and I know that nylgut isn't stereotypically the best match to mahogany in general... but I think those strings suit that style. If that's what you play, then keep those strings! :)

Agreed! If it works, it works :agree:

Top Bottom