Hobby lobby

thylton

Reaction score
Was in hobby lobby the other day with the wife and saw a Hal Leonard ukulele package, Does any one know anything about this uke?
thylton

Run the other direction. You would be better off getting a low-end uke from one of the sellers here who will make sure it is set up properly (very important for low-end ukes as some are almost unplayable as they come from the factory). For instruction, just look to the many free resources available on the web, and here is a good place to start.

John

+1 on what John said. Hobby Lobby is great if you need some Bob Ross paints, but ukuleles?

+2 on what John and John have said (being named Kathryn, am I eligible to comment???).

Around here Walmart & Cracker Barrel sometimes carry those Uke kits around the holidays. It's a $2 ukulele and worth every penny. :)

Thanks guys, thats what I suspected. Never planed on buying it; just wanted to know what they were. Have my first uke narrowed down to a Makala or Luna.

Thanks guys, thats what I suspected. Never planed on buying it; just wanted to know what they were. Have my first uke narrowed down to a Makala or Luna.

Best advice I can give is if you're considering any uke in the Makala/Luna/Kala, etc. price range make sure you buy from a real uke dealer who will do a setup and make sure your uke is playable. There are some folks around here with a good rep including HMS, Mim, Uke Republic, etc.

John

Top Bottom