4,400th post (soon to be an ukulele-related thread)

mds725

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
This is my 4,400th post at UU (yeah, there's a typo in my thread title - I was overcome by the moment). Rather than spend it on a mundane comment (like the comments in most of my posts, actually), I'm going to do what Mya-Moe did with its 100th, 500th and 1,000th ukulele build -- I'm going to commemorate this milestone by reserving this post and setting it aside, and then I'll use it for something extra special. I guess in the context of a forum, that would mean editing this post to delete all this stuff and replace it with whatever really important thing it is I have to say, probably a "New Uke Day" thing for the next uke I get. (I'm doing this because the post counter will always change to show current number of posts, so otherwise I won't know which was my 4,4000th unless I identify it as such in the post itself.) BTW, I've put it here in "Uke Talk" because I'm pretty sure this will eventually be a post about ukuleles. I hope the mods don't move it before I get a chance to revise it into a post that makes this thread ukulele-related. :)

Last edited:
Congrats! A true milestone.

It proves, well, that you've posted a lot of stuff :)

It must mean you've been with UU a long time, and you haven't given up on it yet.

keep posting and keep uke'in',

Congratulations Mark. We have been here for almost the same amount of time, but you have quite a few more posts than I do. FWIW I find pretty much all of your posts to offer something of value, whether they are informative or reflective. Sometimes I think that a lot of people on this forum post for the sake of posting. But you definately have never fallen into that category.

Cngrats for your next big thing, either a NUD or wonderful uke review!

Do you want the post title edited to 4,400? Jus lemme know . . .

brother Mark, you are a real asset to this community. Your wisdom, empathy and insight are always appreciated mate. :)

Congrats! A true milestone.

It proves, well, that you've posted a lot of stuff :)

It must mean you've been with UU a long time, and you haven't given up on it yet.

keep posting and keep uke'in',

Thank you Uncle Rod! I always look forward to your posts and cherish your contributions to this community.

Congratulations Mark. We have been here for almost the same amount of time, but you have quite a few more posts than I do. FWIW I find pretty much all of your posts to offer something of value, whether they are informative or reflective. Sometimes I think that a lot of people on this forum post for the sake of posting. But you definately have never fallen into that category.

Thank you! I think that my having a lot more posts in the same amount of time means only that I have too much time on my hands, or that I spend time at my computer that I could be spending with my ukuleles.

Do you want the post title edited to 4,400? Jus lemme know . . .

Yes, please. Thank you!

brother Mark, you are a real asset to this community. Your wisdom, empathy and insight are always appreciated mate. :)

Jon, you are -- as always -- way too kind. I just had trouble believing my eyes when I saw the number 4,400 and couldn't imagine I had that much useful stuff to say. I have, of course, given up on trying to catch UU sages such as you and the sage of all sages, Mystery Man Stan. But I'm glad that if I'm going to post so frequently, at least someone enjoys some of them some of the time. And for all my posting, I still -- believe it or not -- do a lot more listening than talking, especially when it comes to wise UU members like you and Stan.

Last edited:
Aloha Mark,
People like you make UU forums the best place to be...Congratulations.... thank you for your insight, contributions and empathy to our humble forums...
I thought you were going to say, Like Mya Moe, every 100, 500, 1000, 1500, 2000 etc achievements on posts....you will get a new custom uke...:eek::) Glad to have you aboard bruddah....

Top Bottom