Resonate

Nice, but I'm not diggin' the headstock transfer.

I was just posting about resonator ukes in another thread.

Nice, but I'm not diggin' the headstock transfer.

Heh, heh, thirty seconds with a belt sander will fix that... LOL

I'm more interested in how they sound. So, Mike, how do they sound?

John

I have the burst concert and I think it sounds very good, loud and ringing with a nice reso sound. Also like the headstock transfer...kind of "retro" looking...suits the uke.

I have the burst concert and I think it sounds very good, loud and ringing with a nice reso sound. Also like the headstock transfer...kind of "retro" looking...suits the uke.

Can we talk you into doing a video or even better, throwing an MP3 up on soundcloud or some place like that? :) A concert resonator is on my very short list of "ukes I still really need" (need being relative) but I don't want to get one that's not "loud and proud" with some nasty resonator tone if you know what I mean.

John

Can we talk you into doing a video or even better, throwing an MP3 up on soundcloud or some place like that? :) A concert resonator is on my very short list of "ukes I still really need" (need being relative) but I don't want to get one that's not "loud and proud" with some nasty resonator tone if you know what I mean.

John

Love to do that, will have to get my son (Savagehenry) to show me how.
I can tell you now you won't confuse it with a vintage National reso-uke. I compared the sound clips for the concert and tenor models on the Kala website on the "Limited Editions" list.

http://www.kalaukes.com/

Last edited:
Top Bottom