can't stop playin my new uke

patico

Reaction score
i can't stop playin my new uke... my fingertips are starting to hurt, but i can't control it.

this is a tremolo arrangement for a traditional Chilean song.

Now...don't go and wear it out the first week... :)

That's some mighty fine playing.

Patico--I agree with you! I got a Collings UT-1 a week ago, and I can't stop playing it, either. Mine looks exactly like yours. It is, as many told me, awesome awesome awesome. Like you, I kept the Aquila strings on it, and I think they're lovely. I can't believe it--I actually like Aquila strings on my Collings! Frankly, I can't believe I like the Collings. I know they're highly touted and such, but I was just--skeptical, I guess you could say. I like it more than my Kiwaya tenor that I sold and regretted doing so.

What a fantastic song you're picked there. Wow. Sweet, man!

Hey, mine smells like---mahogany, I suppose. Strong smell, good earthy smell. Yours?

@Olde, if it wears, it wears, i wouldn't mind. i love playin and consider myself "heavy Hands" cause i do mark n scratch easily my instruments whilst playin.

i didn't know the stock strings were Aquilas. i'll leave them for a while, but i need to try different strings to get defferent feels....
the uke is just wonderful. exactly as it has been described by other before. ahhh that sweet wooden smell that comes from the instrument, i love it.

thanks for your words

That was really good Patico. I have seen several of your videos and you have talent. I am even more intrigued that you live on Easter Island...I see there is Chilean presence there. That's cool!

That was really good Patico. I have seen several of your videos and you have talent. I am even more intrigued that you live on Easter Island...I see there is Chilean presence there. That's cool!
My friend, Daniel, have you ever played a Collings? As you and I make the tour of ukes, buying and selling every one made, you gotta try a Collings. It'll give you pause. -- Steve

Patico--I agree with you! I got a Collings UT-1 a week ago, and I can't stop playing it, either. Mine looks exactly like yours. It is, as many told me, awesome awesome awesome. Like you, I kept the Aquila strings on it, and I think they're lovely. I can't believe it--I actually like Aquila strings on my Collings! Frankly, I can't believe I like the Collings. I know they're highly touted and such, but I was just--skeptical, I guess you could say. I like it more than my Kiwaya tenor that I sold and regretted doing so.

What a fantastic song you're picked there. Wow. Sweet, man!

Hey, mine smells like---mahogany, I suppose. Strong smell, good earthy smell. Yours?

Didn't I tell you you'd love it, Cool? Now what about that slim neck and narrow nut width? I didn't think I'd like it either, but it took only a few strums on mine to see the light. I love Collings ukes and think they are one of the best out there. They're very tough to beat. Great video here, too. Congrats on the new uke.

Steve,

I've tried several at McCabes in Santa Monica and I like it! I don't think the necks are that thin so I'm glad you like yours!

I am like a kid in a candy shop that is almost full and allowed only one more piece. Tough decisions ahead. I would love to buy several but gotta save for a rainy day! In an industry where M&A is very prevalent and rumors are circulating where I work...Hard to resist UAS...Getting back to Patico...It seems like the legend of Collings continues to grow!

Daniel

Didn't I tell you you'd love it, Cool? Now what about that slim neck and narrow nut width? I didn't think I'd like it either, but it took only a few strums on mine to see the light. I love Collings ukes and think they are one of the best out there. They're very tough to beat. Great video here, too. Congrats on the new uke.
SOUP-- You were dead on right, my friend. Thanks for your encouragement. Honestly, this is a keeper, this Colllings. Just as you said, the neck and nut made no difference to me. The sound is outrageously good. You were absolutely right.

Steve,

I am like a kid in a candy shop that is almost full and allowed only one more piece. Tough decisions ahead.

Daniel

Daniel: you make me laugh. I'm like a diabetic and shouldn't be eating these sweet at all, yet I've got a belly ache from eating too much.

ONe last piece of candy for you, Daniel. Santa said--even with M&As in the company's future and your job slipping like a drunk hockey goaltender-- you have been a good boy and can now buy a Collings like patico, soup and I. Santa says, "Go for it!"

Patico, I want to play like you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom