Generosity & The New Uke Day

luluwrites

Reaction score
I have a new baritone! And my friends, it sounds wonderful.
It's a Pono MDB, pretty little grain, satin finish and sustain that goes for miles.

But the goodness of the baritone is truly amplified by the fact that it came to me as a gift from another UU member. Mark, known here as mds725, had read about my frustration with my found-in-the-garage baritone and when this Pono came into his life he generously asked if I would like to have it.
Would I?
I would!

A family issue kept me from finding the time to post about this sooner, but somehow I've managed to squeeze in the time here and there to play this wonderful baritone almost every day. It is a joy, people. Easy to play. Brilliant to sing along with. A looker, for sure.

Thank you, dear Mark, for this gift. I love it.

This is wonderful! Best wishes to you, luluwrites, and your new baritone, and best wishes to Mark, a fine gentleman!

Happy Thanksgiving to all (including everyone outside the USA!)!!

Great story. Enjoy!

The joy of giving. Congrats to both of you.

Congratulations - I really love hearing these stories on UU - now pictures please!

Sweet! That was my very first uke of any sort and still a favorite for its mellifluous tone.

Congrats on the new uke and thanks to Mark for being so thoughtful. Ya gotta love this forum for things like this.

That is a cool story. It makes that uke extra special. I can't wait to get mine finished. Right now, the neck is not attached to the body, but it'll get there.

Dan

Wow - that is great! Have fun and enjoy!

Congrats! I keep telling folks that ukers are he best people on earth.

Wow! I feel like I am reading about this happening quite a bit here. I have stumbled across several stories of ukulele generosity and it makes me smile. This really is a special group of people. Maybe it's something about the ukulele - it attracts an awfully nice bunch. :)

hey Linda that is such a wonderful thing. Congratulations. Mark is one of the nicest folks around. Eugenie would describe him has the bees knees. :eek:ld: Enjoy your beautiful new Pono and thanks for sharing the joy of friendship with us. Man, I love this place... :)

Oh frabjous day, calloo callay! What a great gift from a great guy.
The fantastic thing about giving is that Mark probably feels as happy as you do.

PS--Please play it for us on your entry in some Seasons challenge.

.... But the goodness of the baritone is truly amplified by the fact that it came to me as a gift from another UU member....

The fantastic thing about giving is that Mark probably feels as happy as you do.

I'm thrilled to have been able to match an ukulele that needs to be played with the person who needs to play it. This one is a wonderful instrument, but I already have an almost identical one, which I love to death. Linda, your willingness to accept this ukulele was actually your gift to me, and for that I thank you.

Top Bottom