An early Christmas present!

joeybug

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

As a lot of you will know I posted 365 posts over 18 months from the original Daily Ukulele. I knew the second book was coming out, but was planning to ask for it for Christmas as I couldn't afford to buy it myself. Little did I know, I wouldn't need to.

Thanks to The Big Kahuna, Plainsong, Sukie & mds as this morning I got a package.

Inside was a signed copy of The Daily Ukulele: Leapyear Edition!

DU2002.jpg

DU2003.jpg

DU2004.jpg

Thank you so much guys!!! I'm working on my first video, having some technical difficulties as I work out how to make it so you can all hear it since I now have a good mic, I plan to start posting ASAP, just gotta work out how to strip the audio from the video and add it from the mic - hmmm...

I have been truly blessed with so many good friends, and I really appreciate all that you all do for me!

Joey

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so glad you finally got it. I've been on pins and needles waiting for you to receive it.

Of all the ukulele people I know of, YOU are the one this book is perfect for. I have really enjoyed watching you do a song a day. Good for you.

Enjoy your new book. I need to get one, too. A lot of fun songs in it.

I got to meet Liz and Jim Beloff in Milwaukee a couple of years ago. They are super nice people.

I love this place - stories like this make me smile!

I'm so glad you finally got it. I've been on pins and needles waiting for you to receive it.

Of all the ukulele people I know of, YOU are the one this book is perfect for. I have really enjoyed watching you do a song a day. Good for you.

Enjoy your new book. I need to get one, too. A lot of fun songs in it.

I got to meet Liz and Jim Beloff in Milwaukee a couple of years ago. They are super nice people.

Thanks Sukie :D I made one video today but when I have some more done, I'll restart the daily postings :D I really appreciate this, so thanks!

Yes Virginia (or Joey) there is a Santa Claus! Ya gotta love this forum for things like that.

Joey, it sounds like your feeling better. I'm glad to hear that and looking forward to starting my morning coffee with a DU!

Such a wonderful thing Joey, big ups to Kim, Mark, Sukie and Niq....whaaaaaaa? Kahuna? Kahuna's got a heart? Whooda thunk it... :) Enjoy the book Joey and how awesome to have it personalised by the Beloff's. Looking forward to the return of the Daily Ukulele mate :)

Enjoy, Joey :)

Might want to edit the first picture though babe, not sure you want everyone to know where you live...we might all pop in for coffee some day ;)

I'm thrilled that your DU posts will be back, and I'm happy to have contributed to supplying you with new music to play. This was a selfish act on my part, really. Your DU-1 posts always made my day.

Well, congrats, Joey - but now the package I was going to send will be redundant...

I'm going to have to come up with something else!

-Kurt​

Aloha Joey,
woo hoo the UU angels have struck again....geez I found out too late when you got it already....I would have wanted to participate too....
I am sure you will start you daily ukulele videos again..happy strummings.. and thank you angels... hmm where did I get that line from......
Thank you Kim, Suki, Niq and Mark....for your expression of aloha spirit here....

Last edited:
We ALL had the same idea! It was really tough for me though. Oh sure I had half her address. Getting the rest of it was easy. "Hey I'm cleaning up my address book..." But the toughest bit was hearing her fret about the DU. I would say in a tough love kind of way "Oh there are bigger things to worry about.." But little did she know that I meant No, REALLY! :D

Credit goes to The Big Kahuna for the idea. And the Beloffs were just awesome. Everyone who can, go buy Flukes and Fleas and books right now! After Kahuna came up with it, some great minds started thinking alike, until we had a fair few of us in on it. Thanks again to Kahuna, Sukie, and mds. :)

Coming soon The Daily Ukulele 2 - now with better sound! (Joey's got an at2020, would be a shame to not use it) :)

Well, congrats, Joey - but now the package I was going to send will be redundant...

I'm going to have to come up with something else!

-Kurt​

Top Bottom